Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Sons of Sexy: Meet Hollywood's Hottest Father-Son Pairs
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Teen Charged with Shooting Pennsylvania State Trooper in Shoulder
- FROM EW: New Men in Black Movie Could Have a Woman in Black
- FROM EW: Rosie O'Donnell Calls Donald Trump's Campaign a 'Nightmare'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 05, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 17
After the Tragic Death of Her Father, Emilio, the Actress Gets Support from Close Friends—and a Pair of Old Flames
So when Emilio, 58, died suddenly on April 15 from post-influenza MRSA pneumonia (see box), his daughter was devastated. Cameron, who missed the London premiere of What Happens in Vegas to mourn with her family, "is doing as well as you can," says costar Ashton Kutcher. Adds another pal: "Cameron adored her dad."
In the days after his death, Cameron, 35, took time off from filming My Sister's Keeper to grieve with mother Billie—Emilio's wife of 39 years—and sister Chimene, 37. "He was a generous friend, a playful abuelo, an exceptional father and the most devoted husband," said the Diaz family in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE. "He made the world a place of excitement."
On April 20 more than 400 friends, including Cameron's exes Justin Timberlake and John Mayer, joined the clan for a celebration of Emilio's life at a Seal Beach, Calif., restaurant. "His love for laughter was undeniable," the family said in their statement.
Still, friends say it will take time for Cameron to heal. Due back on-set next week, she may have Emilio to thank for the strength to move on. "[My parents] taught me well and let me learn that life is a challenge," she said in 1997. "I've gladly taken it on."
- Julie Jordan/Los Angeles,
- Alyssa Shelasky/New York City.
November 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!