Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- San Antonio Man Buys Pools For West Side Families After Facebook User Mocks Photo of Kids' Makeshift Swimming Pool
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Newly Single Ariel Winter Shares Naked Bathtub Photo: 'Relax Everyone I'm Wearing Lady Bit Pasties'
- Human Body Parts Wash Ashore Rio Beach Near Olympic Volleyball Site
- Ariana Grande Reunites with Her Victorious Co-Stars – See the Pic!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 05, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 17
A Girl's Best Friend
In Good Times and Bad, Lindsay Lohan Has Leaned on Samantha Ronson. But Is the A-List Deejay a True Friend? Friends and Family Disagree
Though neither woman has commented publicly on the exact nature of their relationship, the outburst was the latest example of how close Lindsay, 21, and Samantha, 30, have grown. After Lindsay crashed her car following a night of partying last May, which prompted her first stint in rehab, Samantha was by her side. And in the difficult months since, the pair have stayed close, going out dancing together, holding hands and sometimes even snuggling in Samantha's deejay booth. The actress went so far as to create a Facebook page in which she called herself "Lindsay Ronson." Some friends say the relationship has had a positive effect on Lindsay. "Sam is a good influence or at least tries to be," says a source. "She really does want Lindsay to be [sober]."
Lindsay's mother agrees. "Samantha is a great girl," says Dina Lohan. "Smart, talented and a true friend to my daughter. We love her." Others worry that the deejay keeps Lindsay connected to the nightlife and exclusive clubs that don't exactly encourage clean living. "If Samantha's such a good friend, she should tell Lindsay to stay home," says a source close to the actress. "Samantha should tell her not to go out and not go to the clubs. It's not a place where someone working on her sobriety should be."
Still, others say Samantha has given Lindsay the one thing she needs most of all. "Sam looks out for her," says a friend. "Lindsay's never been happier."
- David Caplan/New York City,
- Mark Dagostino/New York City,
- Jennifer Garcia/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!