Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bruce Jenner to Pose for Cover of Vanity Fair, Sources Say
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- How Residents in the Duggars' Town Are Reacting to Josh's Molestation Scandal: 'People Are Super Embarassed'
- Mindy Kaling Gets an Adorable Bob Haircut to Kick Off Summer!
- The Bachelor's Whitney and Chris Thanks Fans for Their Support After Ending Engagement
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 05, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 17
Meltdown! the Youtube Divorce
Talk About Airing Dirty Laundry: Tricia Walsh-Smith Goes on a Tear About Her Husband—Online
Even in the slash-and-burn world of divorce, the clip is a new low, experts say. "This video is the next step in turning our divorce courts into the Jerry Springer show," says prominent divorce attorney Sue Moss. Meanwhile, Walsh-Smith's husband, New York theater executive Philip Smith, has stayed mum. "Obviously he's hurt by what she's done," says his lawyer David Aronson. "But he's a private person with no desire to debate in a public forum about what are obviously private matters." That said, Aronson warns, "We are not ruling out any possible legal action."
Although their relationship may have been tepid in terms of passion, "I loved him," says Walsh-Smith. "I haven't had an affair. The only bad thing I ever did was keep him on a strict diet." The pair met at the 1995 wedding of a friend. Walsh-Smith, an actress and playwright, 52, had been married twice. Philip, now 76, had been widowed for a year. The two married in 1999 with Walsh-Smith signing a prenuptial agreement. Last year the marriage started to sour when Walsh-Smith tried to renegotiate the prenup. Her husband balked, started divorce proceedings against her, and in March, she says, he began trying to evict her from their nine-room Park Avenue apartment.
Undaunted by the thousands of mostly scathing comments on You Tube, Walsh-Smith says she is planning to shoot a second video. "He might have power and money," she says, "but I have imagination."
- Kathy Ehrich Dowd/New York City,
- Kristen Mascia/New York City.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!