Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, the Queen and Camilla as You've Never Seen Them Before! Check Out Their Unusual New Portraits
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Show Off Their Shoe Line, Admit to Problems With Confidence
- How Scott Disick May Have Blown a Second Chance with Kourtney Kardashian
- Ashley Williams on Giving Birth. In Her Living Room. On the Floor!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 21, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 15
An American Idol's Private Pain
As David Cook Gives His All in the Competition, He's Quietly Coping with a Stressful Family Crisis: His Brother's Cancer
What Cook didn't reveal was that he's coping with more than the typical Idol pressures: His half brother, Adam Cook, 36, is undergoing treatment for cancer. Says Kenneth Cohen, Adam's father-in-law: "David and Adam are very close. David was just down [in Indiana, where Adam lives] two weeks ago visiting him."
Adam, an attorney who is married with two children, was diagnosed with brain cancer in 1998, several sources say. In remission until 2006, the cancer has now spread, and Adam is undergoing chemotherapy. David and Adam were both unavailable for comment. "David doesn't want American Idol to overshadow this very important fight," says Susan Cooper, David's former theater teacher in his native Blue Springs, Mo.
Last year's Idol winner, Jordin Sparks, understands the strain: She lost a friend, her uncle and her grandmother during the contest last year. "You have to go out there and put this smile on your face. It's exhausting, and it gets to you," Sparks says. "David is definitely in my prayers."
- Pam Grout/Kansas.
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!