Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Princess Kate Speaks! Watch Her Charm Kids in a New PSA: 'Every Child Deserves to Grow Up Feeling Confident'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Get the Jeans Stars Love (for a Fraction of the Cost!)
- Day at the Races: Robin Thicke and Girlfriend April Geary Visit Santa Anita Park
- Shelter Chihuahua Travels to N.Y.C. for Her First Puppy Bowl – And Brings Along Her Cat BFF
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 21, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 15
An American Idol's Private Pain
As David Cook Gives His All in the Competition, He's Quietly Coping with a Stressful Family Crisis: His Brother's Cancer
What Cook didn't reveal was that he's coping with more than the typical Idol pressures: His half brother, Adam Cook, 36, is undergoing treatment for cancer. Says Kenneth Cohen, Adam's father-in-law: "David and Adam are very close. David was just down [in Indiana, where Adam lives] two weeks ago visiting him."
Adam, an attorney who is married with two children, was diagnosed with brain cancer in 1998, several sources say. In remission until 2006, the cancer has now spread, and Adam is undergoing chemotherapy. David and Adam were both unavailable for comment. "David doesn't want American Idol to overshadow this very important fight," says Susan Cooper, David's former theater teacher in his native Blue Springs, Mo.
Last year's Idol winner, Jordin Sparks, understands the strain: She lost a friend, her uncle and her grandmother during the contest last year. "You have to go out there and put this smile on your face. It's exhausting, and it gets to you," Sparks says. "David is definitely in my prayers."
- Pam Grout/Kansas.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!