Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chrissy Teigen's Daughter Meets with 'Auntie' Kim Kardashian – and Even Gets Kanye to Smile
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Tracy Anderson Says Jennifer Lopez's Kids Love to Crash Mom's Workouts: 'Max Is so Full of Energy'
- Popping Bottles! Justin Bieber Helps Celebrate Lewis Hamilton's Grand Prix Win by Taking a Giant Swig
- Gunman Among at Least 2 Dead in Texas Shooting That Left 6 Injured: 'They Were Shooting Randomly, Just at Whoever'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 14, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 14
Chace Crawford & Carrie Underwood: Why They Split
The Singer and Gossip Guy Call It Off. What Went Wrong?
Chace Crawford, apparently, turned out to be a doesn't. The Oklahoma-born singer, 25, and the Texan Gossip Girl star, 22, who started stepping out together last fall, have called it quits. "We've parted ways," Underwood confirms. "I actually haven't spoken to him in over a month."
Sources close to the two say Crawford wanted the romance to work. "Carrie is the one who broke Chace's heart, not the other way around," says an Underwood source. "He flew to visit her, went on tour with her—he did everything he could for this girl." But in the end, according to a source close to Gossip Girl, Crawford "is the one who said, 'Enough is enough.' He was upset, but he also had to make the decision that it wasn't meant to be anymore." Underwood had always downplayed the relationship in the press: "I'm not serious with anybody," she told PEOPLE in January. Another problem: Two sources say Underwood was still close to her former flame, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, 27, who now dates Jessica Simpson. "In any relationship, you need someone who is over their ex," says the Gossip Girl source.
And what about all those women clamoring for Crawford's attention? In between outings to Manhattan nightspots (and a Feb. 10 post-Grammys party in Beverly Hills) with Underwood, Crawford often hit the nightlife scene without her. But another friend says reports of Crawford's flirting were exaggerated. "Girls would throw themselves at him, but he never did anything. He always smiled and was gracious, but that's the Southerner in him." For now, work keeps the two busy: Underwood is touring with Keith Urban, while Crawford is in New York City filming Gossip Girl, which returns to the CW on April 21. Says Underwood: "I'm good alone for a while. It's been a while since I've just been single and free."
- Paul Chi/New York City,
- Mark Dagostino/New York City,
- Eileen Finan/Nashville,
- Jennifer Garcia/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!