Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim and Rob Kardashian Send Loving Messages to Bruce Jenner
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Laverne Cox Congratulates Bruce Jenner: 'It Is Always Brave to Stand in One's Truth'
- Mark Wahlberg Makes a $250,000 Bet with Diddy on the Mayweather vs. Pacquaio Fight
- It's a Girl for Owain Yeoman
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 14, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 14
A Sober Note
Recovering Alcoholic Richie Sambora Could Face Drunk Driving Charges
Times like now. On March 25 Sambora, 48—who entered rehab for his drinking addiction last year—was arrested on suspicion of DUI. That night Sambora joined his girlfriend, stylist Jenn Mallini, his 10-year-old daughter Ava and her teenage cousin for dinner and a movie near his home in Laguna Beach. While driving the group home in his Hummer, he was pulled over. Says Police Sgt. Jason Kravetz: "He smelled of alcohol." (Results of a blood alcohol test are due later this week.) "Richie admits he made a mistake," says his longtime friend Tony Ciabattoni. "He had some drinks before he took the girls out, [but none] before that night. It was a slip."
What caused it? "He's been going through personal stuff," says Ciabattoni, who adds that speculation of lingering heartache over Locklear or ex-flame Denise Richards is "stupid—he's moved on." Nor, he says, is touring to blame: "It's a disciplined life. The '80s craziness is behind them."
Sambora, who will be arraigned May 7, could face up to 60 days in jail—or more if prosecutors also charge him with child endangerment, which is a felony. Whatever the D.A. decides, Ciabattoni says, "no way was he harming his child. Richie is a great dad. It's his mess-up, and he's taking responsibility. He'll come out on the other side of this."
- Maureen Harrington/Los Angeles,
- Howard Breuer/Los Angeles,
- Dylan Steele/Denver.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!