Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Try to Resist Their Feelings in Clip from Sci-Fi Drama Equals
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Khloé Kardashian Feels Conflicted About Her Exes: 'If People Are Destructive to You Emotionally, That Still Doesn't Mean You Can't Love Them'
- Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'
- WATCH: Jennifer Holliday Surprises The View's Whoopi Goldberg with Superstar Co-Host Karaoke Performance of 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 14, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 14
The former Guns N' Roses ax man, 42 (real name: Saul Hudson), spoke to PEOPLE's Mark Dagostino about his style, his new line of Gibson guitars and life as a character in one of the hottest video games on the planet
The top hat, the long hair, the sunglasses—you look exactly like you did 20 years ago!
That's just the way that I am. It would be too much of a hassle to try to think of something different to do. At least it's not as far blown as the whole Kiss thing—that would have grown pretty tiresome.
What do you think of Guitar Hero?
I was really hooked on it the first time I ever played. So when they asked me to do Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, I was really enthusiastic. I would've appreciated a [percentage point of sales] on it though!
Do kids recognize you from it?
Kids 6, 7, 8—not all of them have records by Guns N' Roses or [my current group] Velvet Revolver. So they know me as the fossil on Guitar Hero.
Did you ever think you'd have guitars named after you?
It hasn't set in yet. One is modeled after a Les Paul that Gibson sold me during Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction tour, but as it looks now after 20 years—it's got cigarette burns, belt buckle and bracelet scratches and a crack from when I broke the neck off.
How did that happen?
If you bend the guitar, it makes a dive-bomb sound. I did that too hard and snapped the neck in half. It hit me in the face; I had a hole the size of a nickel in my lip. But I repaired the guitar and it's better than ever.
What was the first song you learned?
I had a one-string guitar, so anything I could play on one string: "Dazed and Confused," "Smoke on the Water" ...
Wait, your guitar only had one string?
Yeah. Eventually I learned how to put the other strings on and branched out on my repertoire.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!