Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- High Five, Low Five ... No Five: Prince George Leaves Justin Trudeau Hanging During Canada Visit
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Genius German Shepherd Plots Her Escape From California Animal Shelter
- Julie Bowen Explains Why Her Husband Was Not at the Emmys: 'It's Tough to Be a Purse Holder'
- The Countess Did It! Sophie Wessex Arrives at Buckingham Palace after 450-mile Bike Ride
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 07, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 13
Corinne Bailey Rae's Husband Meets a Tragic End at 31
Jason Rae, the Hard-Partying Spouse of the Grammy-Winning R&B Singer, Dies from a Suspected Drug Overdose
Rae's end is shocking because his wife, best known for her 2006 hit "Put Your Records On," is a low-key homebody who campaigned against drug use earlier this year. "She'd never touch drugs," said a childhood pal. The couple met at a Leeds jazz club where the singer worked and wed in 2001. "Very early on I realized I wanted to make him the one," Corinne told Britain's The Times in 2006. "I wanted to ... just be in his company all the time." As her star rose, his did too: Rae's funk band Haggis Horns played with Corinne as well as Amy Winehouse. The night of March 21 Rae hung out at a pub before crashing at a friend's apartment. The next day the friend unsuccessfully tried to rouse Rae. Police arrested an as-yet-unidentified man on suspicion of supplying controlled drugs. Sources say Corinne, who was reportedly grocery shopping when Rae's body was found, is devastated. Says producer Mark Ronson: "Jason was one of the warmest people. I'll miss him, as will everyone that ever got the chance to know him."
- Philip Boucher/London,
- Tiffany McGee/New York.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!