Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Let Darlene Love Get You in the 'Christmas' Spirit on Letterman
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Police Searching for Parents of 3-Year-Old Girl Abandoned at Los Angeles Mall
- Muhammad Ali Hospitalized with Pneumonia
- He's on the Nice List: William & Kate Take George to See Santa
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday December 21, 2014 03:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 19, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 19
SEAN COMBS was seeing stars May 2—he became the first male rapper to get a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame, and then he partied at a celeb-studded bash under a silver tent at a Beverly Hills mansion. The Great Gatsby-themed shindig (called "From Harlem to Hollywood") brought out BROOKE SHIELDS, CAMERON DIAZ ("she was flirting with LUKAS HAAS"), JESSICA SIMPSON, BEN STILLER, JAMIE FOXX, KERRY WASHINGTON and PARIS HILTON (who flat-out ignored LINDSAY LOHAN when she said hello). Combs, who arrived with his mother, JANICE, takes his dress codes very seriously—"No one can wear jeans," says one partygoer. "People had to go home and change. They even turned away family." At one point, "security stopped DENZEL WASHINGTON.... He was in track pants, but he is Denzel."
GEORGE TURNS 47!
After the chic Costume Institute gala in N.Y.C. May 5, George Clooney started his own afterparty at Bungalow 8 to celebrate turning 47 (which he did May 6). "Chace Crawford was hanging out with Tom and Katie," says a source. "It was ridiculous in there. Everyone was in their gowns from the Met, networking and people watching. It was crazy!"
• 5/4: After a late night of shooting (they finished at 5 a.m.!), the cast and crew of Desperate Housewives met at Eva Longoria Parker's L.A. restaurant Beso for the season finale wrap party. Felicity Huffman and Dana Delany toasted with Stoli elit with James Denton, Doug Savant and Kyle MacLachlan. Creator Marc Cherry played clips of slap-fights and botched lines.
• 5/3: It's back to the U.K. for Sienna Miller, who ended her month-long L.A. visit with a Mexican going-away fiesta at a pal's house. Guests Drew Barrymore and Justin Long were "so adorable," says a source—"as usual."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!