Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Celebrate Garry Marshall's Most Iconic Movies and TV Show with Us
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Busy Philipps on Raising Two Daughters: 'My Greatest Fear' Is One Will Be Sexually Assaulted
- WATCH: Olympian Allyson Felix's Message to Aspiring Female Athletes: 'If You're Passionate About Something, Go After It'
- WATCH AND SHOP: The Hottest Watch of 2016 – with an Exclusive Discount
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 26, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 20
Coyote in the Sandbox
A Rash of Attacks on Kids in California Shocks Parents
Luckily little Madison fully recovered. But the attack—the first of three confirmed in California in five days—underscores growing concern among experts that coyotes, like bears and other wildlife, are losing their fear of humans as housing developments brush up against natural habitats. "Someone is going to be killed," says Kevin Brennan of California's Department of Fish and Game. "Most likely it will be a child." He advises families not to leave pet food outside and to scream at coyotes if they approach.
Fernando Hernandez, 39, already learned that lesson. A coyote bit his daughter, Iliana, 3, while on vacation in Lake Arrowhead, Calif., in March and began to drag her away like prey until a friend shouted at the animal. "You can't take nature for granted," says Iliana's mom, Maria Hernandez, 37, "especially with small children."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!