Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Ellie Goulding's 'Still Falling for You' Video Teases Bridget Jones's Baby
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Taylor Swift Donates $50,000 to Baton Rouge Food Bank
- Couple Arrested for Allegedly Kidnapping 3 Children and Killing Their Mother
- Thomas Gibson Contemplates a Return to Comedy Following His Criminal Minds Firing: 'Maybe It's Time'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 26, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 20
Narnia's Handsome Prince
Step Aside Orlando Bloom! Summer's Hottest New Star, Ben Barnes, Enjoys a Royal Welcome as Swashbuckling Prince Caspian
HOMETOWN: London, England
LATEST GIG: Battling for the throne as the title role in The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
NOW THAT'S A KNIFE: "Sword fighting is as fun as it looks," says Barnes, a London stage actor who got a 4 a.m. call with news he'd won the Prince-ly role over 500 others. "I ran around the house like a madman, screaming." Then he spent six hours a day for weeks learning to ride a horse and wield a sword for the role.
COMING OUT ... AS AN ACTOR: He's the first actor in his Brit family. "I'm the crazy one," he says. (Dad is a psychiatrist; Mom is a psychotherapist.) "When I was 17, I had the courage to tell them I wanted to act. They said, 'Go to university first.'"
SEX SYMBOLISM: Spotting his billboard on L.A.'s Sunset Blvd., "left me short of breath," says Barnes. With his new heartthrob status—"It's embarrassing," he says, "but it brings a smile to my face"—the single actor isn't letting success go to his crown. "My parents and brother would slap me down if it were ever required."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!