Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Joan Rivers 'Can We Talk?' Exhibit Coming to Grammy Museum
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Ariana Grande's Brother Frankie Is Headlining His Own Tour
- VIDEO: Tyler Posey and Costars Spill Secrets About Teen Wolf's 'Menacing and Scary' Villains
- Joe Manganiello: I'm Fine Being 'Celebrity Eye Candy'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 26, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 20
Carrie's Opry Moment
With a Little Help from Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood Enters Country's Most Exclusive Club, the Grand Ole Opry
Mom can relax now. With Carole, dad Steve, sister Stephanie and niece Sarah in the audience, Underwood, 25, teared up during the ceremony, which included—yes—hitting the high notes with Vince Gill on "Jesus, Take the Wheel." "I'm still in awe," the new and currently youngest Opry member told PEOPLE. "It's the ultimate award." Especially when her trophy was presented by fellow Oklahoman Garth Brooks, a childhood hero whom Underwood first met when she was 10. "This is a marriage," Brooks told her of joining the likes of Loretta Lynn and Patsy Cline in the 83-year-old, 69-member Nashville institution. "No other award will last as long or be more important than this."
And like faithful spouses, Opry members have obligations too. "I've been here when [a performer] cancels and they call [Vince] up, and he was watching TV at home, and he's like, 'Sure, I'll come on down,'" Underwood reports. "I'm not home often right now, but there will be times!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!