Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Name Says It All: Make a 'Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- 'Charlotte Loves Her Teddies!' Says Princess Kate – See All the Gifts the Little Royals Have Been Given So Far in Canada
- Shelter Removes Stray Dog's 'Enormous' 3.5 Lb. Tumor, Readies Him for Adoption
- Celebs at Home: Vanessa Hudgens, Sarah Jessica Parker, Olivia Munn and More!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 26, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 20
Carrie's Opry Moment
With a Little Help from Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood Enters Country's Most Exclusive Club, the Grand Ole Opry
Mom can relax now. With Carole, dad Steve, sister Stephanie and niece Sarah in the audience, Underwood, 25, teared up during the ceremony, which included—yes—hitting the high notes with Vince Gill on "Jesus, Take the Wheel." "I'm still in awe," the new and currently youngest Opry member told PEOPLE. "It's the ultimate award." Especially when her trophy was presented by fellow Oklahoman Garth Brooks, a childhood hero whom Underwood first met when she was 10. "This is a marriage," Brooks told her of joining the likes of Loretta Lynn and Patsy Cline in the 83-year-old, 69-member Nashville institution. "No other award will last as long or be more important than this."
And like faithful spouses, Opry members have obligations too. "I've been here when [a performer] cancels and they call [Vince] up, and he was watching TV at home, and he's like, 'Sure, I'll come on down,'" Underwood reports. "I'm not home often right now, but there will be times!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!