Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- A Friends Fan Recreates Rachel's Infamous Thanksgiving Trifle – Does It Really Taste Like Feet?
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Benedict Cumberbatch on Fatherhood: 'I Might Go for a (Cumber) Batch of Boys'
- Style Tracks: The Best Kardashian Fashion Moments of 2015!
- Princess Kate Backs Baby Care Fund: 'I Am Delighted to Support the Appeal'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 23, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 24
She Saved His Life
When a Boy Went into Cardiac Arrest During Baseball Practice, 14-Year-Old Jessica Moncrieff Knew Just What to Do
For the next seven minutes, the high school freshman from Meridian, Idaho, who had taken a babysitting CPR course the year before, pumped his chest with her hands and blew air into his mouth, supplying Justin with a steady flow of oxygen in the critical moments following a cardiac arrest. "She was doing some of the best CPR I've seen," says paramedic Jeremy Schabot, who soon arrived on the scene and helped resuscitate Justin with a defibrillator.
By the time Justin, also 14, was whisked to a nearby hospital, his heart was beating again. Justin was diagnosed with a faulty heart valve and was recently fitted with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator while awaiting surgery to correct the problem. As he looks back on that frightening day on the baseball field, he thinks of Jessica's heroic efforts with awe. "I could have died," says Justin, who met Jessica for pizza a week later and bought her a necklace and teddy bear in appreciation. "What Jessica did is amazing."
For more info on CPR classes, visit WWW.REDCROSS.ORG
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!