Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Wife of Deepwater Horizon Victim Breaks Down as She Recalls Husband's Last Trip Home Before Death: 'Jason, Would Have Never Let Me Worry'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Amber Rose Will 'Embrace Her Body' In a Sexy DWTS Routine After Feeling Body Shamed By Julianne Hough, Says Source
- FROM EW: John Legend to Play Frederick Douglass on WGN America's Underground
- DeKoding KarJenner Style: Kim Kardashian and the Underwear as Outerwear Revolution
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 23, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 24
Medical Miracle Surgery for An Unborn Child
Doctors Took Macie Mccartney from the Womb—Then Put Her Back
Within days the fetus was close to heart failure. "I felt like I was in no man's land," says Keri. Their best hope was a surgery that would remove the tumor, then return the baby to the uterus. But few such operations had ever been performed—and not all of them successfully. On Feb. 28, during a four-hour procedure at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, surgeons opened Keri's womb, partially removed the 25-week-old fetus and cut away most of the tumor. Then, says Dr. Kenneth Moise, "we put everything back the way we found it." Ten weeks later Macie made her second appearance, this time via C-section. A robust 6 lbs. 1 oz., she had surgery at 9 days to remove the rest of the tumor. Her prognosis: strong. She went home last week. Says her giddy mom: "She's like, 'I fought, I'm here, I'm done. Now, I can relax.'"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!