Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jacob Tremblay Is This Awards Season's Adorable Little MVP – and His Cute Instagrams Offer All the Proof
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Will Smith Jokes About His Hands-Off Parenting of Jaden and Willow: 'We May Have Gone Too Far'
- 5 Things to Know About Emma Watson's Rugged New Guy
- American Crime Story's Wild Bronco Chase, as Told in GIFs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 23, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 24
Medical Miracle Surgery for An Unborn Child
Doctors Took Macie Mccartney from the Womb—Then Put Her Back
Within days the fetus was close to heart failure. "I felt like I was in no man's land," says Keri. Their best hope was a surgery that would remove the tumor, then return the baby to the uterus. But few such operations had ever been performed—and not all of them successfully. On Feb. 28, during a four-hour procedure at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, surgeons opened Keri's womb, partially removed the 25-week-old fetus and cut away most of the tumor. Then, says Dr. Kenneth Moise, "we put everything back the way we found it." Ten weeks later Macie made her second appearance, this time via C-section. A robust 6 lbs. 1 oz., she had surgery at 9 days to remove the rest of the tumor. Her prognosis: strong. She went home last week. Says her giddy mom: "She's like, 'I fought, I'm here, I'm done. Now, I can relax.'"
February 09, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!