Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Tears and Tributes as 10,000 Police Officers Mourn Slain Deputy Darren Goforth at Houston Funeral
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- Rosie O'Donnell Tweets About Finding Comfort in Broadway Songs Amid Troubles with Her Daughter
- VIDEO: How Launching a Burger Bun Business Made This Woman a Millionaire
- Blue Ivy Wishes Mom Beyoncé 'Happy Birthday' with a Sweet Hand-Drawn Card
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 16, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 23
Harvey Korman 1927-2008
From The Carol Burnett Show to Blazing Saddles, This Second Banana Was First-Class
Before The Carol Burnett Show, the Chicago-born Korman, who died at 81 on May 29 from complications of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, knocked around Hollywood, doing voice-overs and bit parts. But the beloved 1967-1978 series made him a star. With his gift for parody, Korman's comic gallery included a pseudo-Rhett Butler and shifty Hedley ("not Hedy") Lamarr in Mel Brooks' 1974 Blazing Saddles. "His timing was impeccable—he was the best," says Brooks. Korman long partnered with pal and Burnett alum Tim Conway. For years they toured, reprising old bits. Inevitably a Conway ad-lib cracked up Korman. "Whatever I said, he'd fall down," Conway says.
Wed 25 years to second wife Deborah, Korman had four children. "He was more than a father; he was my best friend," says daughter Kate, 25. "He made people feel special, like the only person in the room." Burnett knows that better than anyone. "He was the consummate actor," she says, fighting tears. "I miss him something terrible."
- Frank Swertlow/Los Angeles,
- Ellen Shapiro/New York City.
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!