Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Caitlyn Jenner Weighs in on the Presidential Race: 'Trump Seems to Be Very Much for Women'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Former Law & Order Director Sentenced to 10 Years Probation for Child Pornography Charges
- Hillary Clinton Takes Giant Selfie with Digital Content Creators at Town Hall Discussion: 'We Have to Send This to Ellen!'
- John Mayer Says He's 'Ready' to Find His Next Girlfriend: 'I'm More Mature Than I've Ever Been'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 16, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 23
Calling It Quits
After a Whirlwind Year of Romance, Red Carpets and a Motorcycle Mishap, George Clooney & Sarah Larson Go Their Separate Ways
Larson's spunk—she once famously ate a scorpion as a Fear Factor contestant—is one of the things that attracted one of America's most eligible bachelors to the cocktail waitress turned model. Clooney, 47, and Larson, 29, first met in Las Vegas about four years ago, but it wasn't until they reconnected again last June that sparks flew. While the couple gave no reason for the split, Larson's friends say it was something the pair had discussed. "They'd talked about it before, but she was pretty shocked when it happened," says a pal. "She didn't think they'd necessarily get married, but she thought it was the real deal and they'd be in it for the long haul."
That certainly seemed to be the case last fall. After a few early bumps—namely, the motorcycle accident that left Larson hobbling on crutches—their romance blossomed. "He's just laid-back, really a normal guy," Larson told PEOPLE in March. When asked if he was a good boyfriend, she said coyly, "I have no complaints."
Since the split, Clooney doesn't seem to be licking his wounds. He enjoyed a weekend with the guys in Puerto Vallarta last month—"He was smiling and seemed to be having a great time," says an observer—and is now summering in Italy. Larson, meanwhile, is "100 percent focusing on work," says Kenya Knight, her agent at Nous Model Management. Says a pal: "She's such a strong, independent woman—that's what George liked about her. She's going to be fine."
- With Mark Gray/Las Vegas,
- Brenda Rodriguez/L.A..
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!