Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- What Would Taylor Say? Kim Kardashian and Calvin Harris Celebrate Jennifer Lopez's Birthday in Vegas
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- After 14 Months on the Road, Chris Pratt Is Having 'Dream Summer' at Home with His Family
- WATCH: Kristen Bell Tears Up While Talking About Husband Dax Shepard and Shares Wedding Photos for the First Time
- 4-Year-Old Pennsylvania Girl Dies After Babysitter Allegedly Forgets Her in Hot Car: Reports
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 16, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 23
Calling It Quits
After a Whirlwind Year of Romance, Red Carpets and a Motorcycle Mishap, George Clooney & Sarah Larson Go Their Separate Ways
Larson's spunk—she once famously ate a scorpion as a Fear Factor contestant—is one of the things that attracted one of America's most eligible bachelors to the cocktail waitress turned model. Clooney, 47, and Larson, 29, first met in Las Vegas about four years ago, but it wasn't until they reconnected again last June that sparks flew. While the couple gave no reason for the split, Larson's friends say it was something the pair had discussed. "They'd talked about it before, but she was pretty shocked when it happened," says a pal. "She didn't think they'd necessarily get married, but she thought it was the real deal and they'd be in it for the long haul."
That certainly seemed to be the case last fall. After a few early bumps—namely, the motorcycle accident that left Larson hobbling on crutches—their romance blossomed. "He's just laid-back, really a normal guy," Larson told PEOPLE in March. When asked if he was a good boyfriend, she said coyly, "I have no complaints."
Since the split, Clooney doesn't seem to be licking his wounds. He enjoyed a weekend with the guys in Puerto Vallarta last month—"He was smiling and seemed to be having a great time," says an observer—and is now summering in Italy. Larson, meanwhile, is "100 percent focusing on work," says Kenya Knight, her agent at Nous Model Management. Says a pal: "She's such a strong, independent woman—that's what George liked about her. She's going to be fine."
- With Mark Gray/Las Vegas,
- Brenda Rodriguez/L.A..
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!