Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 16, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 23
Bill Murray Divorce Nothing to Laugh About
The Comedian's Wife of Over a Decade Files for Divorce—and Makes Disturbing Accusations of Adultery, Drug and Alcohol Addiction and Physical Abuse
Murray's words were prescient; in fact, the marriage between Murray, 57, and Jennifer, 44, has fallen apart—amid shocking allegations. On May 12 Jennifer sued the actor for divorce, accusing him of adultery, physical abuse and addiction to marijuana, alcohol and sex. Other allegations in Jennifer's court papers, filed in Charleston, S.C., near where the couple live and Murray is co-owner of the RiverDogs minor league baseball team, include an incident last November in which she claims Murray hit her face and said she was "lucky he didn't kill her." Murray's alleged behavior prompted Jennifer to move out of their Palisades, N.Y., estate in 2006 with their four sons—Caleb, 15, Jackson, 12, Cooper, 11, and Lincoln, 7 (Murray has two other boys from a previous marriage). The famously reclusive comedian won't comment on his wife's allegations. "[He] is deeply saddened by the breakup of his marriage," said his lawyer John McDougall. "They remain committed to the best interest of their children."
The split comes as a shock to friends who know Murray as a dedicated dad and a coach of his kids' Little League teams. "I have never seen him in any manner whatsoever act inappropriately," says Peter Kelly, a Piermont friend. "It's a divorce. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out."
- Diane Herbst/Piermont,
- Michaele Ballard/Sullivan's Island,
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!