Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mary J. Blige on Filing for Divorce: 'There Is a Divine Plan and a Reason for Everything,' Says the Singer
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Sarah McBride, the First Openly Transgender Speaker at a Convention, Says 'All People Need to Live and Strive as Their Authentic Self'
- What’s Kanye West’s Favorite Taylor Swift Song? None of Them
- Meryl Streep Once Feared Aging in Hollywood Would End Her Career: 'I Thought Each Movie Would Be My Last'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 16, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 23
Bill Murray Divorce Nothing to Laugh About
The Comedian's Wife of Over a Decade Files for Divorce—and Makes Disturbing Accusations of Adultery, Drug and Alcohol Addiction and Physical Abuse
Murray's words were prescient; in fact, the marriage between Murray, 57, and Jennifer, 44, has fallen apart—amid shocking allegations. On May 12 Jennifer sued the actor for divorce, accusing him of adultery, physical abuse and addiction to marijuana, alcohol and sex. Other allegations in Jennifer's court papers, filed in Charleston, S.C., near where the couple live and Murray is co-owner of the RiverDogs minor league baseball team, include an incident last November in which she claims Murray hit her face and said she was "lucky he didn't kill her." Murray's alleged behavior prompted Jennifer to move out of their Palisades, N.Y., estate in 2006 with their four sons—Caleb, 15, Jackson, 12, Cooper, 11, and Lincoln, 7 (Murray has two other boys from a previous marriage). The famously reclusive comedian won't comment on his wife's allegations. "[He] is deeply saddened by the breakup of his marriage," said his lawyer John McDougall. "They remain committed to the best interest of their children."
The split comes as a shock to friends who know Murray as a dedicated dad and a coach of his kids' Little League teams. "I have never seen him in any manner whatsoever act inappropriately," says Peter Kelly, a Piermont friend. "It's a divorce. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out."
- Diane Herbst/Piermont,
- Michaele Ballard/Sullivan's Island,
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!