Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- All the Details on Willa Ford's Boho-Chic Nursery – Plus Her Meaningful Maternity Portraits
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Even Jessica Alba Has Tattoo Regrets
- WATCH:RHONY Star Dorinda Medley Reveals The Best Way To Handle A Fight With Bethenny Frankel
- 'I Was Acting as If I Was the Victim': Nate Parker Apologizes for 'Insensitive' Response to Rape Case Controversy
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 16, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 23
She Won't Move Out!
Divorce Nevada-Style: the Governor Wants His Wife Out of the Mansion—and She Insists on Staying Put
In legal documents, Dawn Gibbons replied to her husband's move-out order with fury: She is described as "a castaway wife" jilted by a husband who had "succumbed to the wiles" of another woman—reportedly, the wife of a Reno podiatrist. "Lust is the real villain here," said her court documents. A first-term Republican, Governor Gibbons denies straying and describes his alleged paramour as a "friend." But Gibbons's enemies are loving it. "The governor's office is operating like a soap opera," says Dina Titus, a Democrat he defeated in 2006.
Jim Gibbons has other worries: He's under investigation for allegedly awarding government contracts in exchange for a cruise and cash (which he denies). But he seems to have the upper hand in the war over his house. "State law is preeminent. The governor will win out," says Reno family law attorney Henry Egghart. Still, Dawn Gibbons isn't packing her bags just yet. "There's plenty of room there for him and her," says her attorney Cal Dunlap. If not in the master suite, he adds, there's always the guest house.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!