Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: How to Get Rachel McAdams’ Gorgeous Wavy Hairstyle
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrates Her 44th Birthday in a Sexy Bikini, Proves She Gets Better with Age
- Prince George the Canuck! Little Royals Get Custom Hockey Jerseys as Princess Kate and Prince William Highlight Mental Health
- Purr-fect! Grumpy Cat Makes History in Broadway's Cats
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 28, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 4
Jimmy Kimmel & Sarah Silverman No Laughing Matter
After Five Years Together, the Late-Night Host and Comedian End Their Fiercely Funny Romance
But neither Kimmel nor Silverman are joking about their relationship now. On July 14 reps for Kimmel, 40, and Silverman, 37, confirmed their breakup (first reported on Vanity Fair's Web site) to PEOPLE. "Jimmy and Sarah have and will have no further comment," they said in a joint statement. Sources say the split was mutual and there was no third party involved.
Kimmel and Silverman hit it off when they worked together in 2003 on Comedy Central's prank show Crank Yankers. "We kept talking at the same time, going for the same joke," recalled Silverman. "It kept happening all day. It was funny—and swoony. We're different in a lot of ways but also the same." The split came as a shock to many who saw the couple as rock solid. Just this past April, they celebrated Kimmel's episode 1,000 together.
Now the pair will have to focus on the funny in separate ways: She's shooting The Sarah Silverman Program, while Kimmel returned to his ABC show on July 14 after a two-week hiatus. "They're both back to work," says a source. "It's business as usual."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!