- Penélope Cruz Once Styled Salma Hayek's Hair in the Dark
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- NBA Star Bryce Dejean-Jones Shot Dead in Dallas After Reportedly Entering the Wrong Apartment
- All-Star Memorial Day Recipes from Your Favorite Celebrity Chefs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- July 28, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 4
Jimmy Kimmel & Sarah Silverman No Laughing Matter
After Five Years Together, the Late-Night Host and Comedian End Their Fiercely Funny Romance
But neither Kimmel nor Silverman are joking about their relationship now. On July 14 reps for Kimmel, 40, and Silverman, 37, confirmed their breakup (first reported on Vanity Fair's Web site) to PEOPLE. "Jimmy and Sarah have and will have no further comment," they said in a joint statement. Sources say the split was mutual and there was no third party involved.
Kimmel and Silverman hit it off when they worked together in 2003 on Comedy Central's prank show Crank Yankers. "We kept talking at the same time, going for the same joke," recalled Silverman. "It kept happening all day. It was funny—and swoony. We're different in a lot of ways but also the same." The split came as a shock to many who saw the couple as rock solid. Just this past April, they celebrated Kimmel's episode 1,000 together.
Now the pair will have to focus on the funny in separate ways: She's shooting The Sarah Silverman Program, while Kimmel returned to his ABC show on July 14 after a two-week hiatus. "They're both back to work," says a source. "It's business as usual."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!