Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Outlander Recap: Claire Is Forced to Choose Between Jamie and Frank
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Hillary Scott on Lady Antebellum's Tour Bus Fire: It's 'Nothing Compared to What It Could Have Been'
- The Untold Story of Rock Hudson's Final Days
- Jill (Duggar) and Derick Dillard: Israel David's Birth Brought Us Closer Together
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 21, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 3
The Bachelorette at Last She Gets Her Man!
Heartbroken No More, Deanna Pappas Snags An Engagement Ring—and 'Soulmate,' Snowboarder Jesse Csincsak
Still, eight roses later, it was Csincsak who got down on one knee and pulled out a 2.3-carat princess-cut diamond ring. "I feel blessed," he says. "Nothing else matters when I'm with her."
Not only did Pappas giddily accept his proposal, but their romance, watched by more than 7 million viewers, brought the reality franchise its best buzz since Trista Behn received a ring from Ryan Sutter—the only couple from the show to wed. But not if Pappas has anything to say about it. "We were meant to be," she says. "I see myself waking up to him in 60 years."
Of course, fans would have understood if Pappas was cynical about finding true love on television. Last November, Bachelor Brad Womack chose to stay single rather than date Pappas, a Georgia real estate agent. "I thank Brad every day," Pappas says. "Being dumped by him led me to my soulmate." Pappas does admit "it was a daily struggle" choosing between Csincsak and the other finalist, Jason Mesnick. But she finally knew Csincsak was her match during their hometown date. "He was the one person that I could not imagine living without," she says. Agrees Csincsak: "I would do anything for her. I love her to death."
Their only firm wedding plan so far is serving Csincsak's favorite: cheesecake. But the couple already sound like newlyweds. "He wants four kids and I want three," says Pappas, "but I am willing to negotiate."
- Reporting by Carrie Bell/Los Angeles.
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!