- FROM TIME: Missouri Executes Man for 15-Year-Old Girl's 1989 Killing
- The Best Photos from the Week of August 24- August 30, 2015
- Train Hero Anthony Sadler Tells Jimmy Fallon How He and His Friends Disarmed Gunman
- Michael Shannon Fooled the Internet Into Thinking He'd Have Flipper Hands in Batman v Superman
- Christina Applegate Stars in Meryl Streep: The Lifetime Biopic (Video)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- July 21, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 3
The Bachelorette at Last She Gets Her Man!
Heartbroken No More, Deanna Pappas Snags An Engagement Ring—and 'Soulmate,' Snowboarder Jesse Csincsak
Still, eight roses later, it was Csincsak who got down on one knee and pulled out a 2.3-carat princess-cut diamond ring. "I feel blessed," he says. "Nothing else matters when I'm with her."
Not only did Pappas giddily accept his proposal, but their romance, watched by more than 7 million viewers, brought the reality franchise its best buzz since Trista Behn received a ring from Ryan Sutter—the only couple from the show to wed. But not if Pappas has anything to say about it. "We were meant to be," she says. "I see myself waking up to him in 60 years."
Of course, fans would have understood if Pappas was cynical about finding true love on television. Last November, Bachelor Brad Womack chose to stay single rather than date Pappas, a Georgia real estate agent. "I thank Brad every day," Pappas says. "Being dumped by him led me to my soulmate." Pappas does admit "it was a daily struggle" choosing between Csincsak and the other finalist, Jason Mesnick. But she finally knew Csincsak was her match during their hometown date. "He was the one person that I could not imagine living without," she says. Agrees Csincsak: "I would do anything for her. I love her to death."
Their only firm wedding plan so far is serving Csincsak's favorite: cheesecake. But the couple already sound like newlyweds. "He wants four kids and I want three," says Pappas, "but I am willing to negotiate."
- Reporting by Carrie Bell/Los Angeles.
September 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!