Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lawrence: Inside Her Next Moves
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Zayn Malik Speaks Out About Leaving One Direction: 'I Feel Like I'm Doing What's Right'
- VIDEO: Bruce Jenner Cries After Ex-Wife Kris Removes Him from Her Living Will
- Former Family Matters Star Darius McCrary Arrested for Failing to Pay Child Support
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 28, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 4
Mailman by Day, Horticulturist by Night, Scott Bunnell Has Waged a Stealth Campaign to Beautify Long Beach, Calif.'s Public Spaces
It was, as Arevalo learned, Scott Bunnell, a reticent, 48-year-old mail carrier who for two decades has secretly dropped seeds and tended flora in 10 spots along intersections and rail lines in this community of 470,000; he goes anywhere funds and manpower are lacking. "I see this as my responsibility, to make my community better," says Bunnell, who revealed his identity to the Los Angeles Times. He's part of a "guerrilla gardening" movement that has sparked complaints in some communities where such activity violates local law. But in Long Beach, where gardening in public spaces is legal, his efforts make folks happy. Says Alan Bartels, who lives near Loynes Ave.: "I just thought the city was giving it some special love. I'm really impressed and grateful."
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!