Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 21, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 3
Christina's Tragic Loss
Christina Applegate Was Close to Her Ex Lee Grivas—Until He Was Found Dead from An Overdose on July 1
The couple dated on and off for more than a year before breaking it off for good several months ago. But though the romance was over, Applegate, 36, was shaken to the core on July 1 when Los Angeles police found Grivas in his Hollywood apartment, a syringe close by, the victim of an apparent drug overdose. "Lee was an incredible human being who was an extremely important and beautiful part of my life," said the Samantha Who? star, who attended Sunday services with Grivas's family at her Agape church July 5. "He is missed beyond words. He touched so many and I feel much sadness for his mother, brother and all of his family and friends."
Grivas, a 26-year-old New York native who moved to L.A. last year, had a long history of drug abuse dating back to his teenage years, when he was thrown out of high school for marijuana possession and admitted using cocaine and inhalants. Thanks to a boarding school for at-risk teens, Grivas was able to temporarily turn his life around and won a scholarship to the Art Institute of Philadelphia.
While he made his money fishing in Alaska, Grivas's first love was photography, and he hoped one day to make a living at it. His favorite subject? Christina Applegate. Or as he said in 2005, "I'm into capturing anything that strikes me as beautiful."
- With Ken Lee/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!