Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Snakes, Tattoos and Reality TV: 6 Things to Know About Sweden's Princess-to-Be
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- 3 Great Memorial Day Playlists to Make Your Barbecue Better
- Jillian Michaels' 4 Easy Secrets to a Sexy Beach Body
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Tracy Anderson Launch Healthy Food Company (Surprise, It Includes Frosting Shots!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 07, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 1
After the Flood
In Ravaged Midwestern Towns, Tad Agoglia Comes in with a Cleanup Brigade
A Long Island native and former seminarian, Agoglia was running a profitable disaster cleanup business when in early 2007 he had an epiphany. "I'd sit on top of my crane," he says, "and think, 'What was it like for these people right when it happened?'"
On a whim he showed up in Greensburg, Kans., two days after a tornado. Clearing wreckage from a firehouse and recovering documents from a bank, Agoglia felt he'd discovered his life's work. Since then Agoglia—who watches the Weather Channel via satellite hookup in his truck—has plowed $450,000 into his new mission. Sometimes going 20 hours without sleep, the single 32-year-old has little time for outside interests these days. But he wouldn't have it any other way. "Reaching out to people," he says, "is what keeps me going."
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
- Jeff Truesdell/Clarksville,
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!