Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Courtney Love and Frances Bean Cobain Share a Hug at Sundance
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Lindsay Lohan Posts Racy Photo and Jokes About Her Untreatable Illness
- How Did JLo's Sexy Co-Star Sculpt His Washboard Abs?
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Sundance Film Festival!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday January 25, 2015 05:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 07, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 1
After the Flood
In Ravaged Midwestern Towns, Tad Agoglia Comes in with a Cleanup Brigade
A Long Island native and former seminarian, Agoglia was running a profitable disaster cleanup business when in early 2007 he had an epiphany. "I'd sit on top of my crane," he says, "and think, 'What was it like for these people right when it happened?'"
On a whim he showed up in Greensburg, Kans., two days after a tornado. Clearing wreckage from a firehouse and recovering documents from a bank, Agoglia felt he'd discovered his life's work. Since then Agoglia—who watches the Weather Channel via satellite hookup in his truck—has plowed $450,000 into his new mission. Sometimes going 20 hours without sleep, the single 32-year-old has little time for outside interests these days. But he wouldn't have it any other way. "Reaching out to people," he says, "is what keeps me going."
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
- Jeff Truesdell/Clarksville,
January 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!