Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stanford Sexual Assault Convict Brock Turner to Be Released From Jail on Friday
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Vicki Gunvalson Has the Support of the Last RHOC Alum You'd Expect
- Kelly Dodd Defends Her Bad Behavior to Heather Dubrow: 'I Don't Just Attack People'
- Josh Murray and Nick Viall Clash in Explosive Bachelor in Paradise Showdown – and One New Arrival Creates Major Waves
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 07, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 1
After the Flood
In Ravaged Midwestern Towns, Tad Agoglia Comes in with a Cleanup Brigade
A Long Island native and former seminarian, Agoglia was running a profitable disaster cleanup business when in early 2007 he had an epiphany. "I'd sit on top of my crane," he says, "and think, 'What was it like for these people right when it happened?'"
On a whim he showed up in Greensburg, Kans., two days after a tornado. Clearing wreckage from a firehouse and recovering documents from a bank, Agoglia felt he'd discovered his life's work. Since then Agoglia—who watches the Weather Channel via satellite hookup in his truck—has plowed $450,000 into his new mission. Sometimes going 20 hours without sleep, the single 32-year-old has little time for outside interests these days. But he wouldn't have it any other way. "Reaching out to people," he says, "is what keeps me going."
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
- Jeff Truesdell/Clarksville,
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!