Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Ex Chris Martin Celebrate Memorial Day Together at Star-Studded Bash in Malibu
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Demi Moore and Daughter Rumer Willis Look Like Twins in New Photo
- Kacy Catanzaro's American Ninja Warrior Premiere Blog: Starting the Season with a Showstopper
- Pope Francis Hasn't Watched Television Since 1990, Longs for Good Pizza
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 30, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 25
Sara Evans' Cozy Country Wedding
With Their Combined Brood of Seven at Their Sides and Fried Chicken on the Menu, the Singer and Her Football Hero Say, 'I Do'
SARA & JAY
June 14 dawned with a downpour. "I was like, 'This doesn't feel like a wedding day!'" recalls Sara Evans. Her fiancé, Jay Barker, calmed her nerves, but gray skies still loomed as Evans walked down the grassy aisle on a Tennessee farm that evening escorted by her son Avery, 8, and daughters Olivia, 5, and Audrey, 3. "Then the sun came out like a big blessing when they started their vows," says guest Rev. Becca Stevens. In the end, says Evans, "It was a fairy-tale wedding."
It also launched a new chapter for the country singer, 37, and the college-football star turned sports-radio host, 35—both of whom divorced last year—and their blended clan. At the reception the Barker bunch (including his kids Andrew, 9, Braxton, 8, and twins Sarah Ashlee and Harrison, 6) and their 145 guests noshed family-style on fried chicken and mac and cheese. "It felt like you were at Jay and Sara's house for dinner," says Barker's cohost Al DelGreco. The couple's first dance was a family affair too: "We were ready to get down, and all of a sudden [the kids] jumped in on us!" says Barker. The children went home at 10, but the newlyweds danced till midnight before stealing away to a nearby cabin. By the next day it was back to grilling steaks and watching movies with their brood of seven. "It's awesome," says Evans of her new family. "It fills me with so much joy."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!