Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Maroon 5, 5SOS Pharrell & Gwen Stefani Perform at the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Kate Upton Tells Boyfriend 'You're Welcome' for Her Sexiness
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Watch Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina's Hot Moment! (VIDEO)
- Photo Proof That Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lopez Never (Ever!) Age
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 02:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 04, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 5
Salma Hayek: The Wedding Is Off
The Actress and French Tycoon François-Henri Pinault—Father of Their Baby Girl—Call Off Their Engagement
Things aren't so rosy with Valentina's father, French billionaire François-Henri Pinault, 46. "We are sad to announce the engagement of Salma Hayek and François-Henri Pinault has been canceled," Hayek's rep said in a statement July 18. The ultraprivate couple met in Venice in 2006 and announced both their engagement and her pregnancy in March 2007. A source close to Pinault says the luxury-goods mogul's globetrotting life, stemming from businesses largely based in Paris and New York, took a toll, and the two separated last winter before briefly reconciling.
In the wake of the split, friends aren't worried about the actress and Ugly Betty executive producer, who had spoken about longing to have a baby before she met Pinault. "She felt she was born to be a mother," says a source. "Now she is. She's happy."
- Peter Mikelbank/Paris,
- Lisa Ingrassia/L.A.,
- Paul Chi/N.Y.C..
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!