Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FIRST LOOK: Find Out the Real Reason Behind Mariah Carey's Match Profile
- The Best Photos from the Week of May 25- June 1, 2015
- Iggy Azalea and Nick Young Are Engaged
- Nicholas Brendon Enters Rehab for Depression, Alcoholism, Substance Abuse Problems
- Hocus Pocus Witches to Join Other Disney Villains Onstage
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 04, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 5
Patrick Swayze Back in Action
Calling His Response to Cancer Treatment a Miracle, An Upbeat Patrick Swayze Heads to Work on His New TV Show
"He was walking pretty slow and being careful," says an onlooker. "But his arms looked pumped like he had been working out." Swayze, who has been spending time with wife Lisa at their ranches in California and New Mexico, also seems to marvel at his rebound. "I'm a miracle, dude," he told a bystander. "I don't know why." Friends credit his determination. "You can tell there's something special about him," says Beast costar Sarah Danielle Madison. "He's so focused."
While shooting his role as a tough FBI agent in The Beast, Swayze will continue his cancer treatments, but his castmates don't expect him to take it easy. "In his mind, nothing was wrong," says actor Larry Gilliard Jr. of Swayze's attitude toward his illness. "That's the kind of person he is—very positive."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!