Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Have Lunch with His Parents in Australia
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Rob Kardashian Is Already a 'Doting Future Stepfather' to Blac Chyna's Son King
- Third-Party Inspector Says Seatbelt at Texas Amusement Park Was 'Strong,' After 6-Year-Old's Belt Malfunctions
- First Round Draft Pick Laremy Tunsil Says Social Media was Hacked As Compromising Video Emerges Minutes Before Draft
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 04, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 5
Portuguese Police Call Off the Search for Young Madeleine, but Her Parents—No Longer Suspects—Aren't Giving Up
In giving up the search for Madeleine, Portuguese officials also cleared the McCanns as suspects—after months of making them the focus of the investigation. Being named suspects "has been devastating," an emotional Kate McCann, 40, said in a July 21 press conference. "It has had a very negative effect on the search for Madeleine."
The pretty, boisterous girl was just days away from her fourth birthday when, on May 3, 2007, she vanished from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, as her parents dined with friends at a nearby tapas bar. Despite rumors of DNA evidence linking the McCanns to the crime, Portuguese police apparently had no solid leads or evidence. Now that they are cleared, the McCanns can examine all of the police files kept from them when they were suspects, so that they can keep searching for Madeleine. "We want ... to see what still can be done," said Gerry, 40, a cardiologist. Added Kate, a doctor who has yet to go back to work: "We can assure you we will never give up on Madeleine."
- Pete Norman/London.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!