Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's NSFW 'Famous' Music Video Features a Topless Taylor Swift Sculpture: 'Special Thanks for Being Famous'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- It's a Girl! Audrina Patridge Welcomes Daughter Kirra Max
- Restaurant Owner Fires His Son After Customer Is Called 'Fatty' on Receipt
- Mother of Accused Slenderman Stabber Expresses Concern Over Daughter's Future After Teen's Mental Illness Stabilizes: 'With Lucidity Comes Awareness'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 11, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 6
Usher Gives Back
The Singer and Proud New Dad of 8-Month-Old Usher V Talks About Mentoring the Next Generation of Superstars at His Atlanta Kids' Camp
What inspired you to start a camp?
With everything I've done with business and entertainment, I felt like there was something I could do for these kids, leaving them inspired. Letting them know, "You know what? I can do something. I can be something."
Is there one business principle you've learned that you're passing on to your moguls in training?
The easiest one is, "If it don't make dollars, it doesn't make sense!" But more than anything: be quick to listen, slow to speak. You never know when you'll learn the lesson that's going to open up many doors.
Tell me about the "I'm just family" speech you give the kids.
I'm like a big brother, an uncle, a friend. We really hope to instill a sense of family. A lot of these kids come from broken homes and haven't had that. And when they leave it's like, "Wow, somebody really cares about me. Somebody took the time to sit down and teach me something."
How has fatherhood helped inspire you to give back?
Having a child just completed the story. I already had a giving heart, and I wanted to do something to mentor children. Places like the Boys & Girls Club had done that for me.
Your 30th birthday is coming up in October. Excited?
That's something to embrace. I'm so proud to be a father by the time I'm 30. I'd hate to be 80 years old and not be able to run with my kids. I need to still be able to do flips when they're in high school!
Sounds like Cinco will be flipping in no time ...
Aw yeah—he's already trying right now! He's a pull-up master.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!