Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chandra Levy: Five Things to Know About the Murdered D.C. Intern
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Game of Thrones Will End After Season 8, HBO Confirms
- Katy Perry Plans to Look Like Paula Deen in 30 Years so Gear Up
- 6 Things to Know About Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – And How it Fits Into the Potter Universe
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 25, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 8
Bill Engvall's Backyard BBQ
The Texas-Born Comic Pulls on His Cowboy Hat and Pulls Out the Dry Rubs to Grill Up Dinner for His TV Family
Fortunately it's sunny on July 29, as Engvall and his wife, Gail, host a barbecue lunch for his costars Nancy Travis, Graham Pierce Martin and Tim Meadows. A few hours before the guests arrive, Engvall, his "secret sauce" bubbling on the stove (recipe on next page), decants a bottle of Napa Valley Cabernet. "I'll drink a beer while I cook," he says, gesturing to a tub filled with Shiner beer, "but we like a really good Cabernet with barbecue."
Fans needn't worry that Engvall has shed his down-home roots: He always wears a straw cowboy hat while he grills. Is he ever tempted to try a different accessory? Nah. "Goofy aprons," he says, "are for amateurs!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!