Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lawrence of Arabia Star Omar Sharif Is Suffering from Alzheimer's, Says Son
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- What Happened When Ray Liotta and Christopher Walken Sat Next to Each Other on a Flight?
- Never Hear 'You Look Tired' Again – Thanks to This Beauty Product
- Police Recover Body in Hudson River Near Where Kayaker Disappeared
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
My Supercool Birthday!
Beanbag Chairs, Retro Tunes and Slinkys! Inside Miley's 1980s-Themed Bash, with Tips on How to Throw a Party Just Like It
After changing into an early-Madonna-era outfit that Tish had flown in from L.A., Miley greeted guests, including former classmates and famous friends like Taylor Swift. Then, after downing some pizza and cutting into her marble cake, it was time for the birthday girl to hit the dance floor. "Miley cut loose," says party planner Ellen Appleton. And she wasn't alone. "The dancers from Miley's tour taught me the Pop, Lock & Drop It," says Tish. "That was really fun!"
THROW A PARTY LIKE Miley's!
The woman who helped plan Miley's party shares her secrets on how to pull off a retro extravaganza
Partygoers plopped down on these. $80.99; thebeanbagchairoutlet.com
"There were Slinkys on each table," says planner Ellen Appleton. 98 cents; centurynovelty.com
MINI LAVA LAMP
"These ended up being favors for the kids!" says Appleton. $11.69; coolstuffcheap.com
Appleton used these to jazz up the couches. $22; wakeupfrankie.com
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!