- Harrison Ford in Critical Condition After Plane Crash
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Chris Pratt as a Candelabra? We Dream-Cast Disney's Beauty and the Beast Remake
- Kansas Waiter Sporting a New Smile After Kind Stranger Leaves a Generous Tip
- Judi Dench Gets (Very) Candid About Aging: 'I'd Rather Be Young and Know Nothing'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
Decorating: Fast Fall Makeover
Try These Five Simple Tricks to Transform Your Living Room into a Cozy Autumn Haven
1 PICK A PALETTE
A seasonal area rug sets the foundation for mixing fabrics and patterns in the room. Have wall-to-wall carpeting? Just put the rug on top.
Paula Deen Home & Porch Rug Collection, $298 for 5' by 7' 6"; shadesoflight.com
2 ADD DRAMA TO WINDOWS
Exchange lightweight sheers for a layer of deep-hued silk. The fabric swag comes already hemmed. Just drape it over your existing curtain rod so that it slopes in the middle and cascades down the sides.
LaScala Scarf Valance, $150; jcpenney.com for stores
3 SWAP PILLOWS
Replace pastel-colored pillows with ones in deeper, richer tones like red, brown and gold.
Assorted pillows, $30-$40; jcpenney.com for stores
4 GO A SHADE DARKER
A lamp shade in a color like chocolate brown will not only pick up the fall colors of the rest of the room, it will also filter the light to create the perfect vibe for the cooler weather. And don't be afraid to add a personal touch to the shade with a trim of beads or ribbon.
Cotton Duck Table Lamp Shade, $69; shadesoflight.com
5 BRING FALL INSIDE
Fill a pretty bowl with pinecones, decorative fruit and twigs for an instant seasonal centerpiece.
Fall fruit and vegetable mix, $7.99; michaels.com for stores
March 05, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!