- Bella Hadid Makes Beige Spandex Sexy in Her Latest Athleisure Look
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Thinking Pink! Inside Lacey Chabert's Chic and Sweet Baby Shower
- Mila Kunis' 'Blue Sunset' Graphic Eye Will Be Your New Summer Makeup Move – Here's How to Get It!
- The Secret Behind Duggar Hair: Jinger Reveals Her Routine for Straight Strands
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- October 06, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 14
Oscar winner Hilary Swank, 34, is on the mend after having a small, benign growth removed. "There are no continuing health issues, with the exception of some short-term rest and recuperation," says her rep, who would not elaborate on the surgery.
• Singer Natalie Cole, 58, was hospitalized in New York City Sept. 12 after suffering side effects from chemotherapy for hepatitis C.
Actor-comedian Dane Cook, 36, was evicted from his West Hollywood apartment Sept. 11 for alleged failure to clean up after his miniature pinscher Beast. A judge denied Cook's appeal, meaning he must make do with his new pad: a $7 million home in the Hollywood Hills.
• Singer George Michael (inset), 45, was released from police custody with a warning in London Sept. 19, hours after being arrested in a public restroom on suspicion of possessing a Class A drug believed to be crack cocaine and a Class C drug thought to be cannabis. "I want to apologize to my fans for screwing up again and to promise them I'll sort myself out," said the Brit, sarcastically adding, "And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them."
• The Mist star Thomas Jane, 39, who is married to Medium actress Patricia Arquette, was sentenced to a year's probation after pleading no contest to DUI in Shafter, Calif., Sept. 16, stemming from his March arrest.
• The New York Yankees' Alex Rodriguez, 33, reached an undisclosed settlement in New York City Sept. 18 in his divorce from Cynthia, 35, who filed in July. Married in 2002, the pair have daughters Natasha, 3, and Ella, 5 months.
Zookeeper Thomas Dörflein, 44, who raised the world-famous polar bear Knut, was found dead in his Berlin apartment Sept. 22 of an apparent heart attack. He provided life-saving care to Knut when his mother rejected the cub, who was born in 2006 at Berlin's zoo.
• Songwriter-producer Norman Whitfield, 68, best known for such Motown classics as "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" and "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone," died of complications from diabetes in L.A. Sept. 16.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!