Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Little House on the Prairie Star Melissa Gilbert Opens Up About Being Forced to Drop out of Michigan Congressional Race Over Health Concerns
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Watch: Bill Paxton Swears He's 'Not a Nice Guy' (Yeah, right...), Plus the Young Stars of Mean Dreams Talk About Their Big Breaks
- Are Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Expecting Their First Child?
- WATCH: Blake Shelton Tries Sushi for the First Time and It's Hilarious
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 29, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 13
A Star Trek Wedding
In a Ceremony Combining Buddhism and Bagipes, Star Trek's Sulu and His Partner Vow to Live Long and Prosper—Together
When former Star Trek actor George Takei, 71, wed Brad Altman, 54, on Sunday, Sept. 14, it seemed that all the planets had aligned. Their nuptials were a moving but lighthearted ceremony, that included a Buddhist priest, a kimono-clad koto player, a Scottish bagpiper and Star Trek costars Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig.
The two men had waited over two decades for this day to come and decided to tie the knot last May after California's Supreme Court allowed gay marriage under the state's constitution. "We've been living in sin for the past 21 years," says Takei. "It's high time we made it legitimate."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!