Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Larry King Steps Out in His Trademark Suspenders After Denying Wife Shawn's Affair and Breakup
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Hometown Hero! Aly Raisman Celebrates Her Return to the U.S. with 'Aly Raisman Day'
- John Legend on Daddy Duties and Helping Make the World a Better Place for Daughter Luna
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Party in New York City Ahead of Her VMA Performance
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 29, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 13
A Star Trek Wedding
In a Ceremony Combining Buddhism and Bagipes, Star Trek's Sulu and His Partner Vow to Live Long and Prosper—Together
When former Star Trek actor George Takei, 71, wed Brad Altman, 54, on Sunday, Sept. 14, it seemed that all the planets had aligned. Their nuptials were a moving but lighthearted ceremony, that included a Buddhist priest, a kimono-clad koto player, a Scottish bagpiper and Star Trek costars Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig.
The two men had waited over two decades for this day to come and decided to tie the knot last May after California's Supreme Court allowed gay marriage under the state's constitution. "We've been living in sin for the past 21 years," says Takei. "It's high time we made it legitimate."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!