Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,107 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 15, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 11
Six Music Stars Share Their Children's Favorite Tunes
1 "THE BACKYARDIGANS THEME SONG" by the Backyardigans.
"Julez has loved the Backyardigans since the day he was born. I love the diversity in the music on here. Reggae, jazz, country ... you name it, Uniqua is gonna sing it and Julez is gonna listen."
2 "I DECIDED" by Solange Knowles.
"One day I heard Julez sing it and he knew all the words. He especially loves when I say 'oh my boy.' It almost makes me want to cry every time I hear him sing it."
3 "CRANK THAT (SOULJA BOY)" by Soulja Boy
Tell 'Em. "Julez gets this little baby thug face when it comes on. The words are harmless so I get a kick out of him singing 'yooooouuu.'"
4 "STRONGER" by Kanye West.
"One Christmas we gave Julez a box that we didn't think was going to get a reaction because it was clothes. It was some Louis Vuitton gear. When he opened it, he dropped the box and screamed, 'Un unn, you can't tell me nothing,' like Kanye West! He was barely 2 years old and knew that Louis Vuitton equaled Kanye West."
TAYLOR HANSON & RIVER, 2
1 "PINK MOON" by Nick Drake.
"Natalie [his wife] and I play this one as the calm-down bedtime song."
2 "TAKE ME BACK TO TULSA" by Bob Wills.
"This is the sing-along song of the moment. We are really into Texas swing right now at our house!"
3 "BELIEVER" by Ben Kweller.
"Natalie always sang this to our daughter Penny while she was rocking her to sleep."
4 "BLACK OR WHITE" by Michael Jackson.
"All the kids love, love, love Michael Jackson. Listening to this is when they really bust a move."
5 "WHITE & NERDY" by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
"This is my son Ezra's favorite song, from his second favorite singer of all time, after his dad, as he says."
CHRISTINA AGUILERA & MAX, 8 MONTHS
• "RELAX MAX" by Dinah Washington
• "BLACK CHERRY" by Goldfrapp
• "JAMMING" by Bob Marley
• "SOVEREIGN" by the Duke Spirit
• "SILENCIO" by Ibrahim Ferrer
• STAY AWAKE by Julie Andrews
SHERYL CROW & WYATT, 16 MONTHS
• "SHINE OVER BABYLON" by Sheryl Crow
• "ELMO'S SONG" by Sesame Street cast
• "HOUSE PARTY TIME" by Dan Zanes
• "IN MY ROOM" lullaby renditions of the Beach Boys from Rockabye Baby!
• "LULLABY FOR WYATT" by Sheryl Crow
JOEY MCINTYRE & GRIFFIN, 9 MONTHS
• "GODSPEED (SWEET DREAMS)" by the Dixie Chicks
• "THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT" sung by Joey McIntyre
• "TUNULA ENO" by Samite
• "YOUR SONG" by Elton John
• "ACROSS THE UNIVERSE" sung by Rufus Wainwright
ANTHONY KIEDIS & EVERLY, 11 MONTHS
• "SPACESHIP" by Sean Lennon
• "EVERYTHING SHE WANTS" by Wham!
• "MASTER OF PUPPETS" by Metallica
• "VALERIE" by Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse
• "HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER" by Daft Punk
To download these tracks and other celeb picks, go to PEOPLE's celebritybabyblog.com
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!