Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM TIME: Supreme Court Rules Against Kentucky Clerk in Gay Marriage Case
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Tears and Triumph as Pope Francis Asks Bullied Student to 'Be Courageous' While Singing For Him
- Seattle Uber Users Were Riding Around Town, Mad Max-Style
- Hillary Clinton's Latest Emails Reveal She's a Fan of The Good Wife, Parks And Rec – And Skim Milk!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 08, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 10
Stephenie Meyer: Written in Blood
She Has Four Bestselling Novels and a Legion of Loyal Fans. Some Call Her the New J.K. Rowling
Like her vampires, Stephenie Meyer doesn't get much sleep. "The last 12 months seem like 10 years," she says. "My mom worries, 'Are you getting enough rest?'" Sorry, Mom, but your girl's a literary rock star for the teen set, touring the country to promote one of the year's most anticipated novels: Breaking Dawn, last of a four-part series chronicling the chaste love triangle between 17-year-old Bella, vampire Edward and Jacob, a werewolf. Her first book, Twilight, came to Meyer in a dream five years ago; 10 million copies later, some liken her to J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter has sold 40 times as many books but, says Kim Brown, a Barnes & Noble vice president, "this was book four; Harry had seven. When you look at how Harry grew, she's pretty comparable."
Meyer, like Rowling, inspires fervent fans—mostly girls calling themselves Twilighters, who mob her readings in Team Edward and Team Jacob T-shirts. "Uncomfortable" with adulation, Meyer, 34, who lives in Cave Creek, Ariz., with husband Pancho, 35, and three sons, gets it: "If you're like I was, not in the popular crowd, a little clumsy, you have Bella to identify with."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!