Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Heidi Pratt's Father Arrested on Child Sex Abuse Charges
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Harry Potter Star Robbie Coltrane Hospitalized in Florida
- Kim Kardashian's Ultimate Instagram? See Her and Kanye with President Obama
- Val Kilmer Rushed to the Hospital for Throat Tumor: Report
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 01:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 01, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 9
Katie Keeps Going Shorter
From a choppy bob to a fun, flirty pixie do, Katie Holmes' hair evolution is always on the cutting edge
From a choppy bob to a fun, flirty pixie do, Katie Holmes' hair evolution is always on the cutting edge. Plus: How to get the look for yourself
THE FIRST CUT
Holmes trades in her long locks for the cut heard 'round the world, unveiling a chic new do.
A short cut can be versatile—"you can wear it sleek," says Ursula Stephen, who cut a similar style for Rihanna.
The star hops on the bang bandwagon and adds a blunt, Suri-like fringe to her bob.
The bob gets even shorter and choppier—perfect for a low-maintenance summer look.
HER LATEST LOOK
AUGUST 11, 2008
The star debuts her shortest look yet at the L.A. premiere of Tropic Thunder. "If you can't bring it with an attitude, don't do it," says Stephen.
SHORT-HAIR SECRET WEAPONS
What you need to keep short hair looking great
A thermal protectant spray prevents drying and breakage from heat styling.
GHD Thermal Protector, $25; sephora.com
Smooth on a shine serum to seal cuticles, prevent frizz and tame flyaways.
Avon Advance Techniques Dry Ends Serum, $3.99; avon.com
Pomade adds hold and control for creating piecey looks.
Blow Mane Tame, $20; blowny.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Samantha McIntyre,
- With Shayla Byrd,
- Holly Carter,
- Katie Dickens,
- Isabelle Miller.
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!