Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How an Author Is Coping with the Discovery That Her Grandpa Was a Nazi
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian West Teases Bruce Jenner About His Hair in New KUWTK Sneak Peek
- Britney Spears Is Taking Math Classes to Help Sons with 'Hard' Homework
- Dolly Parton Dishes on Why Opposites Attract
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 01, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 9
Katie Keeps Going Shorter
From a choppy bob to a fun, flirty pixie do, Katie Holmes' hair evolution is always on the cutting edge
From a choppy bob to a fun, flirty pixie do, Katie Holmes' hair evolution is always on the cutting edge. Plus: How to get the look for yourself
THE FIRST CUT
Holmes trades in her long locks for the cut heard 'round the world, unveiling a chic new do.
A short cut can be versatile—"you can wear it sleek," says Ursula Stephen, who cut a similar style for Rihanna.
The star hops on the bang bandwagon and adds a blunt, Suri-like fringe to her bob.
The bob gets even shorter and choppier—perfect for a low-maintenance summer look.
HER LATEST LOOK
AUGUST 11, 2008
The star debuts her shortest look yet at the L.A. premiere of Tropic Thunder. "If you can't bring it with an attitude, don't do it," says Stephen.
SHORT-HAIR SECRET WEAPONS
What you need to keep short hair looking great
A thermal protectant spray prevents drying and breakage from heat styling.
GHD Thermal Protector, $25; sephora.com
Smooth on a shine serum to seal cuticles, prevent frizz and tame flyaways.
Avon Advance Techniques Dry Ends Serum, $3.99; avon.com
Pomade adds hold and control for creating piecey looks.
Blow Mane Tame, $20; blowny.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Samantha McIntyre,
- With Shayla Byrd,
- Holly Carter,
- Katie Dickens,
- Isabelle Miller.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!