Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bryan Cranston, Susan Lucci and More React to All My Children Creator Agnes Nixon's Death
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Donald Trump on Alicia Machado's Miss Universe Reign: 'I Saved Her Job'
- José Fernández's Pregnant Girlfriend Maria Arias Makes First Public Appearance Since His Death at Memorial Service
- Utah Man Allegedly Held Teen in Shed For Six Weeks, Forcing Her to Perform Sex Acts for Food and Water
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 13, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 15
After Getting Engaged in May, Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson Sneak Away to a Secluded Canadian Resort for a Hush-Hush Wedding with Friends and Family
The weekend-long bash took place at the rugged-yet-luxurious Clayoquot Wilderness Resort, a remote outpost near the Canadian seaside village of Tofino, B.C. Located on Vancouver Island, the resort features just 20 white canvas tents filled with antiques and can only be reached by seaplane or a 30-minute boat ride. The location was inspired by Reynolds' nationality (he hails from Vancouver) and the couple's desire for total seclusion. "Scarlett wasn't going to let anything interfere with her wedding day," says a source close to them both. "They work hard to keep things private."
Johansson, 23, and Reynolds, 31, also tried to keep their big day low-key. Before celebrating with a candlelight dinner that night, Reynolds went fishing for salmon and halibut with the boys, while others enjoyed horseback riding and mountain biking. Of course the couple, who began dating in April 2007, share more than a love of privacy. "There's a lot of heat between them, a ton of chemistry on a sexual and intellectual level," says one pal. "Scarlett's the big personality of the two, but he keeps her on her toes. It's a great balance."
- Reporting by Christine Kilpatrick/Vancouver,
- Alexis Chiu/Los Angeles,
- Julie Jordan/Los Angeles,
- Alyssa Shelasky/New York City.
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!