Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Helen Mirren, Bradley Cooper, Kristin Chenoweth and More Score 2015 Tony Nominations
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- PHOTO: Shia LaBeouf Goes Full-On Lumbersexual (But Don't Worry, He's Still Got the Rattail)
- Smooth Move! Simon Cowell Sweeps Katie Couric Off Her Feet with Dapper Dip on the Red Carpet
- Rebecca Romijn Previews Skin Wars Season 2 with Super Sexy Tigress Teaser
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 20, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 16
Jimmy & Sarah
JIMMY KIMMEL and SARAH SILVERMAN are dating again—and that's no joke. "They're taking it slow," says a source of the comedians, who dated for five years before splitting last July. The clues were evident recently when Kimmel, 40, and Silverman, 37, sat side-by-side at a corner booth at L.A.'s Pattaya Thai Restaurant on Sept. 28 before leaving holding hands. "They were laughing a lot," says a fellow diner. Five days later on Oct. 3, they attended pal Howard Stern's wedding at New York City's Le Cirque, where Kimmel wrapped his arm around Silverman's waist and playfully patted and squeezed her backside. Says the source: "They're on the road back to being together again."
In the week after her arrest on suspicion of DUI, a busy Heather Locklear, 47, hit Miley Cyrus's Sweet 16 party at Disneyland with daughter Ava, 11; stepped out with Jack Wagner, 49; and received support from a former flame. "Things get blown a lot out of proportion," David Spade said at a Lili Claire Foundation gala. "She's in a tough situation and she does her best."
Salma & François-Henri
Despite ending their engagement three months ago, Salma Hayek, 42, and French billionaire François-Henri Pinault, 46, appeared as cozy as ever during a recent rendezvous in Paris, after a trip to the Spanish island of Ibiza with their daughter Valentina, 1—which included a stay aboard Pinault's yacht. A source insists that amore is no longer in the air but that the duo enjoy "friendly relations" for their daughter's sake.
IS ELISABETH LEAVING THE VIEW?
"There is absolutely no truth to the rumor," Hasselbeck's agent tells Scoop of reports that The View cohost, 31, is jumping ship to FOX News Channel. "Elisabeth enjoys being a part of this dynamic group of women."
OPRAH WINFREY'S LEGAL DRAMA
The ex-headmistress of the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls, Nomvuyo Mzamane, has filed a defamation suit against Winfrey for $250,000, plus punitive damages. It claims Winfrey launched "a defamatory campaign" by implying Mzamane "knew of alleged physical and sexual abuse at the Academy," which Mzamane denies. She adds she wasn't told of the charges until a meeting with Winfrey in October 2007, at which she was put on leave (and later fired). Winfrey's rep declined to comment "until we've been served with the lawsuit."
Lindsay & Samantha
MAKING IT WORK
Lindsay Lohan, 22, and Samantha Ronson, 31, are experiencing relationship growing pains. "Lindsay likes the limelight, but Sam misses her anonymity," says a source, adding that for now the pair are staying together since they are "so good to each other."
THE People POLL
Should Anne have dissed her ex on SNL?
Anne Hathaway joked about her ex Raffaello Follieri landing in jail on fraud charges after they split. "I mean, we've all been there, right, ladies?" People.com readers weigh in:
CELEB B-DAYS: PARIS TO L.A.!
From the wild banquettes of Vegas to a posh Parisian hideout, Mario Lopez, Nicky Hilton and Dita Von Teese aged with grace, grandeur—and outrageous cakes. At the Bank, Lopez made the best of Sin City, canoodling with more than one female reveler. Next door, at Pure in Caesars Palace, Paris Hilton took to the mic, telling the club that Nicky was "the best sister in the world!" As for best dance duo of the weekend, Von Teese shimmied the night away with pal Kylie Minogue at Le Milliadaire in France.
• Making 39 look divine, Gwen Stefani celebrated her 39th b-day with a bash (and a cake in the shape of a lamb, the name of her clothing line) thrown by husband Gavin Rossdale at their Hollywood Hills home 10/3. Also there? Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi.
• That same night, Ashlee Simpson-Wentz turned 24 with a white-trash-themed party at her parents' house in Encino with sister Jessica and husband Pete Wentz. "She thought it was hysterical; she wanted to be barefoot and pregnant," says a guest. In platform flip-flips and a belly tattoo, the mom-to-be left early: "She's so tired with the pregnancy."
• At a screening of There's Something About Mary during Target Presents AFI's "Night at the Movies," Cameron Diaz told the crowd her late father "is in this movie for two seconds. . . . so would you all just say hi to him?"
The Oscar winner, 27, on her debut album and her fiancé, David Otunga: "Neither of us has ever been happier"
How does it feel to finally release your album?
The day it came out I woke up crying. I was so emotional.
What was it like on the set of The Secret Life of Bees?
We sang a lot. We'd just hop in and harmonize. I was like, "Wow, I'm singing with Queen Latifah and Alicia Keys!" And I call Dakota [Fanning] Mama Dakota. She's so mature.
Does Hollywood ever make you insecure about your body?
Never. Everybody's a size 0—they all look the same. But you know Jennifer when you see her. They may have a problem with being size 12, but I don't.
You got engaged to David Otunga on your birthday, Sept. 12.
Neither of us has ever been happier. He asked my mother for permission; he's very traditional. I'm smiling just talking about him!
Did you see each other's reality shows? [Harvard Law grad Otunga, 28, was on the Flavor of Love spinoff I Love New York 2.]
I don't know if he saw mine, but I definitely saw his! [laughs]
Did it give you any reservations about him?
No. I don't like people to judge me from my reality show so it's not fair to do the same.
Planning your wedding yet?
I do know that I want it to be a full-on production. Like, huge.
We hear you have two other important companions.
My Pomeranians Oscar and Grammy. I got Oscar before I won, then I got another dog named Grammy. . . . We'll see!
- CONTRIBUTORS Rennie Dyball,
- Nicole Weisensee Egan,
- Marisa Laudadio,
- Mary Margaret,
- Tiffany McGee,
- Charlotte Triggs,
- With David Chiu,
- Mark Dagostino,
- Mark Gray,
- Liza Hamm,
- Diane Herbst,
- Scott Huver,
- Hugh McCarten,
- Peter Mikelbank,
- Gail Nussbaum,
- Courtney R.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!