- Hope Solo Takes Indefinite 'Personal Leave' from Seattle Reign Following Suspension from U.S. Soccer
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- WATCH: Noah Galloway Reveals Who He Wants to See on This Season of Dancing With the Stars!
- Adorable Dogs Recreating Famous MTV VMA Moments
- Goodbye, Wolverine! Watch Hugh Jackman Shave Off His Trusty Chops
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- October 27, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 17
Tough Guys, Tender Hearts
Island Park, N.Y.
They still hit the tattoo parlors and the highways. But these days 11 brawny bikers are more keen on saving cats, dogs and even turtles from harm as members of Rescue Ink, a nonprofit animal welfare group. Founder Robert Misseri, 39, says the guys have delivered some 750 abused and neglected critters to safety since organizing in 2007. They even reunite owners with lost or stolen pets. How? Street smarts and imposing looks—tools used when a New York woman refused to return Bella, a missing Pug, to owner Danielle Cioti of Eastchester, N.Y. Ink members showed up at the woman's door—and a week later Cioti got her dog back. Says Cioti: "They were so cool."
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
- Molly Lopez/New York.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!