Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Griffin O'Neal: 'My Whole Family Has Been Destroyed To Smithereens From Addiction and Alcoholism'
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- Body of Missing 6-Year-Old Who Was Vacationing with Family Before Texas Floods Hit Has Been Found
- A Ripped Jake Gyllenhaal Vacations in Italy with Longtime Best Friend Greta Caruso
- Prince William Swallows His Pride to Award FA Cup Trophy to Rival Team
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 19
Live from New York ... It's a Baby! SNL Star Amy Poehler Welcomes Her New Son—on a Saturday, of Course
OCT. 25, 2008
8 lbs. 1 oz.
If she were ever looking for a new title, Saturday Night Live star Amy Poehler could easily earn the moniker Super Trouper. On Oct. 23—just two days before giving birth to 8-lb. 1-oz. son Archie, her first child with husband Will Arnett—the ready-to-pop Poehler took her familiar perch behind the Weekend Update desk on the preelection SNL Weekend Update Thursday. On Friday the mom-to-be was back at work again, prepping a Bronx Beat sketch with former castmate Maya Rudolph. Then, on Saturday Oct. 25—just hours before the show went live—producers got the call. As her colleague Seth Meyers announced on air, "Amy Poehler is not here tonight because she is having a baby."
Poehler, 37, revealed in April that she was expecting a baby with fellow comedian Arnett, 38, her husband of five years. "I'm just overwhelmed with blessings," she told PEOPLE in July. The bad news for SNL fans? Poehler will not be returning as a regular cast member. Instead, she'll star in a new NBC comedy in 2009—and revel in her new role until then. As Meyers recently told PEOPLE, "She's going to be a great mom."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!