Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ellen Pompeo Reveals Her Age Was the Reason She Stayed on Grey's Anatomy: 'I Knew My Clock Was Ticking in Hollywood'
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- WATCH: Hillary Clinton's 'Fight Song': Elizabeth Banks, Mandy Moore and Pitch Perfect Cast Star in Campaign Anthem Video
- 'I Married My Best Friend' – Bill Clinton Makes Intensely Personal Case for His Wife to Be Entrusted with the Presidency
- The 10 Most Important Moments That Happened on The Bachelorette: Men Tell All – and We Promise They're Not All About Chad
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 19
Live from New York ... It's a Baby! SNL Star Amy Poehler Welcomes Her New Son—on a Saturday, of Course
OCT. 25, 2008
8 lbs. 1 oz.
If she were ever looking for a new title, Saturday Night Live star Amy Poehler could easily earn the moniker Super Trouper. On Oct. 23—just two days before giving birth to 8-lb. 1-oz. son Archie, her first child with husband Will Arnett—the ready-to-pop Poehler took her familiar perch behind the Weekend Update desk on the preelection SNL Weekend Update Thursday. On Friday the mom-to-be was back at work again, prepping a Bronx Beat sketch with former castmate Maya Rudolph. Then, on Saturday Oct. 25—just hours before the show went live—producers got the call. As her colleague Seth Meyers announced on air, "Amy Poehler is not here tonight because she is having a baby."
Poehler, 37, revealed in April that she was expecting a baby with fellow comedian Arnett, 38, her husband of five years. "I'm just overwhelmed with blessings," she told PEOPLE in July. The bad news for SNL fans? Poehler will not be returning as a regular cast member. Instead, she'll star in a new NBC comedy in 2009—and revel in her new role until then. As Meyers recently told PEOPLE, "She's going to be a great mom."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!