- Celebrity Foodies: See What the Stars Are Snacking on Today
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Little Women: LA Star Elena Gant Welcomes 'Two Beautiful, Healthy Baby Boys' with Husband Preston: 'It Was Love at First Sight'
- Donald Trump Stunningly Cheers Russian Hackers: 'I Hope You Find Hillary Clinton's Missing Emails'
- The Truth About Miss Cleo: How a Privileged Girl from L.A. Became a Psychic Sensation
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
Eleven years ago, Gigrich, who runs a company that removes old home-oil tanks, learned from his teacher wife that some of her students' families couldn't afford to heat their homes. He had an idea: Why not give the surplus oil in the decommissioned tanks to people who needed it? With HEAT (Home Energy Assistance Team), Gigrich and his six oil-company employees have given away about three months worth of home-heating oil to 200 households each every year. "I grew up poor," says Gigrich. "I know what it feels like to need." Even with a recent drop in oil prices, Gigrich says, there's plenty of need to go around. Just ask Vicki Bloom, a mom of three who just lost her job as a clerk—and got 150 gallons of oil courtesy of Gigrich. Says Bloom: "This is such a relief."
Please tune in to "CNN HEROES: An All-Star Tribute" featuring the best of "PEOPLE's 2008 Heroes Among Us," hosted by CNN's Anderson Cooper, on Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 27, at 9 p.m. on CNN.
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!