Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Step Out for a Date Night in N.Y.C.
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Country Singer Cam Marries in Intimate Desert Ceremony: All the Details
- Presenting… Every Single Thing the Kardashians Have Said About Their Nipples
- WATCH: The Bachelor's Chris Harrison on His Love Life: 'I Truly Couldn't Be Happier'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Eleven years ago, Gigrich, who runs a company that removes old home-oil tanks, learned from his teacher wife that some of her students' families couldn't afford to heat their homes. He had an idea: Why not give the surplus oil in the decommissioned tanks to people who needed it? With HEAT (Home Energy Assistance Team), Gigrich and his six oil-company employees have given away about three months worth of home-heating oil to 200 households each every year. "I grew up poor," says Gigrich. "I know what it feels like to need." Even with a recent drop in oil prices, Gigrich says, there's plenty of need to go around. Just ask Vicki Bloom, a mom of three who just lost her job as a clerk—and got 150 gallons of oil courtesy of Gigrich. Says Bloom: "This is such a relief."
Please tune in to "CNN HEROES: An All-Star Tribute" featuring the best of "PEOPLE's 2008 Heroes Among Us," hosted by CNN's Anderson Cooper, on Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 27, at 9 p.m. on CNN.
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!