Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Aurora Theater Shooting: Was James Holmes Insane When He Killed 12 People?
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- Man Reunites with Cop Who Rescued Him from a Dumpster as a Baby in 1989
- DWTS: Which Partners Realized the Eras of Their Ways in Week 7?
- Nastia Liukin on Derek Hough's DWTS Injury: 'We're Taking It Day by Day"
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 19
When Two White Tiger Cubs Needed a Little Dose of Motherly Love, Anjana the Chimpanzee Knew Just What She Had to Do
The improbable love story began in August when Hurricane Hanna cut a swath through the refuge. As rain and wind buffeted her shelter, Sukino, a white tiger, was suckling her two cubs. But the shelter was getting drenched and Antle reluctantly removed the fragile newborns, leaving the mother, and placed them in the care of one of his trainers, China York, in a drier, warmer building.
And that's where a beautiful friendship was born. Anjana "hangs out with me and watches what I'm doing," York, 27, says. So when the trainer began feeding the cubs, Anjana did the same. "You know, monkey see, monkey do," says York.
Anjana and the cubs have moved to a Miami park for the winter. The trio can't last forever—in a few months the cubs' bites will grow stronger and may provoke the powerful Anjana to unintentionally harm them; for now they're just happy to romp together. "It's really a joy to watch," says York.
- Johnny Dodd/Los Angeles.
April 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!