Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch the Final Five Turn Into Hungry Hungry Humans on Tonight Show
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- FROM TIME: Magnitude 6.1 Quake Rattles Rome and Central Italy
- Downton Abbey Creator Shares His Vision for What Happened to the Crawley Estate and 4 More Revelations from the Show
- Watch Britney Spears and James Corden Sing 'Toxic' in New Carpool Karaoke Teaser
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 17, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 20
Where Are They Now? ER
After 15 Years, It's Time to Grab Some Kleenex—Stat! In Its Final Season, ER's Stars Look Back
ERIQ LA SALLE
When ER premiered Sept. 19, 1994—in a time slot opposite another hospital drama, Chicago Hope—not even the show's creators were optimistic about their prognosis. "I think we all thought we would be done by Christmas!" says executive producer John Wells. At its peak, 32 million viewers returned each Thursday to watch the cast of relative unknowns—including Anthony Edwards, Julianna Margulies and some guy named George Clooney. The years rolled on and original cast members left to pursue other goals, but the show remained a hit.
Says Wells: "It was wonderful and shocking to have it last this long." As ER embarks on its 15th and final season (the doctors will treat their last patient next spring), "there hasn't been a moment to stop and consider," says Wells. "It will be a very unusual day for me when it's all over."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!