Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miss Marple Actress Geraldine McEwan Dies at 82
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Stars Rally Around Bobbi Kristina Brown
- It's Kerry Washington's Birthday – Let's Look Back at Her Transformation
- Which Royal Spouse Will Star in a Reality Show?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 24, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 21
A Killer at Age 8?
In a Rare Case, Police Arrest An Arizona Youngster in the Cold-Blooded Murder of His Father and Another Man
St. Johns Police Chief Roy Melnick said there was no immediate evidence that the boy had been abused, either by his father or the other victim, Timothy Romans, 39, who rented a room in the Romero home. But he vowed to investigate that angle. "He just doesn't decide one day ... to shoot his father and his father's friend for no reason," said Melnick. "Something led up to this." Romero, who was divorced from the boy's mother and had full custody of his son, had recently begun teaching the boy how to hunt with the rifle.
Authorities announced they would move to have the boy tried as an adult. Romero, who worked in construction, was a well-liked figure in St. Johns, located 170 miles northeast of Phoenix. Meanwhile, the youngster, who police say confessed to the murders, awaits his fate in jail. "He's trying to be as tough as he can," says Ron Wood, a lawyer who has seen him. "But how tough can you be when you're 8?"
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!