Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bruce Jenner to Pose for Cover of Vanity Fair, Sources Say
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- How Residents in the Duggars' Town Are Reacting to Josh's Molestation Scandal: 'People Are Super Embarassed'
- Mindy Kaling Gets an Adorable Bob Haircut to Kick Off Summer!
- The Bachelor's Whitney and Chris Thanks Fans for Their Support After Ending Engagement
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 22, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 25
Picks and Pans Review: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Here's a big, emotional movie that works, and does so beautifully. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button uses the very latest in digital special effects to bring dazzlingly to the screen the most old-fashioned of stories, one of a love that withstands the test of time. That's time in its most literal sense. The movie's hero, Benjamin Button (Pitt), is born an old man in a wizened infant's body and proceeds to age backward, growing ever more sprightly and gorgeous as the years pass. Meanwhile, everyone to whom he is close, including the woman (Blanchett) he loves for a lifetime, ages in the normal fashion. The film's key questions: Are we who we are, or merely the wrinkles we wear? And how do the passage of time and our life experiences change us?
Very loosely based on a 1922 short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Button is directed with elegance and restraint by David Fincher (Fight Club). Pitt, whether grizzled or a radiant youth, gives an insightful performance that makes clear his character's growing understanding that, while nothing lasts, life is to be lived and love matters.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!