Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Alleged Cat Killer Arrested in San Jose
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- The Very Best Celebrity Food Photos of the Week from Amy Schumer, Karlie Kloss, and More
- Powerful Time-Lapse Video Shows Man's Dramatic Transgender Transition
- Family Faceoff! Bella Hadid Wears Mom Yolanda Foster's Sexy RHOBH LBD
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 22, 2008
- Vol. 70
- No. 25
Picks and Pans Review: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Here's a big, emotional movie that works, and does so beautifully. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button uses the very latest in digital special effects to bring dazzlingly to the screen the most old-fashioned of stories, one of a love that withstands the test of time. That's time in its most literal sense. The movie's hero, Benjamin Button (Pitt), is born an old man in a wizened infant's body and proceeds to age backward, growing ever more sprightly and gorgeous as the years pass. Meanwhile, everyone to whom he is close, including the woman (Blanchett) he loves for a lifetime, ages in the normal fashion. The film's key questions: Are we who we are, or merely the wrinkles we wear? And how do the passage of time and our life experiences change us?
Very loosely based on a 1922 short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Button is directed with elegance and restraint by David Fincher (Fight Club). Pitt, whether grizzled or a radiant youth, gives an insightful performance that makes clear his character's growing understanding that, while nothing lasts, life is to be lived and love matters.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!