Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Former Law & Order Director Sentenced to 10 Years Probation for Child Pornography Charges
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Hillary Clinton Takes Giant Selfie with Digital Content Creators at Town Hall Discussion: 'We Have to Send This to Ellen!'
- John Mayer Says He's 'Ready' to Find His Next Girlfriend: 'I'm More Mature Than I've Ever Been'
- Former American Idol Contestant John Stevens Hit By Van in Massachusetts
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 19, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 2
Dancing with the Stars' Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff Get Engaged on New Year's Eve
Actually, Smirnoff confesses, the big moment was not only memorable but comical. Chmerkovskiy, known for his macho persona on DWTS, lost all swagger when he presented Smirnoff with a three-carat Harry Winston square-cut-diamond-and-platinum engagement ring tucked inside a Louis Vuitton bag. "He got so nervous. He had difficulty forming sentences, which was so cute," Smirnoff says, giggling.
The pair—who have not set a wedding date—have known each other for 14 years as competitive ballroom dancers living in the New York City area. But after other relationships—including Smirnoff's high-profile romance with former DWTS celeb partner Mario Lopez—ended, the old friends began feeling more than platonic toward each other. In September, while having a casual dinner together, "we started talking and looking at each other completely differently," Smirnoff says. Adds Chmerkovskiy: "I'm not really sure how it happened, but it makes sense. I'm in love and so is she." Even the whirlwind courtship hasn't caused the couple to miss a step. "It's all good," says Chmerkovskiy. "Everything is beautiful."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!