Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sperm Donor Who Allegedly Fathered 36 Kids and Claimed Genius-Level IQ Admits 'He Was Not Truthful': Police
- Read the Cover Story: Rob Kardashian & Blac Chyna: How I Finally Found Happiness
- Cheryl Burke on Returning to DWTS and What It's Really Like Working with Ryan Lochte
- WATCH: Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and More Show Off Their Best Moves in Surfaced Dancing with the Stars Audition Tapes
- Heart Singer Ann Wilson's Husband Dean Stuart Wetter Charged With Assaulting Twin Teenage Nephews
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 19, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 2
Mia Farrow Mourns Her Daughter
The Actress's Vietnamese-Born Daughter Lark Previn, Who Became a Quiet Mom of Two, Dies at Age 35
Sadly, tragedy struck the family this Christmas Day, when Lark, 35, died of an undisclosed illness. Farrow attended the funeral, along with André Previn, at St. Saviour Church in Brooklyn five days later, sitting near Lark's daughters Sara, 13, and Christina, 12. "Ms. Farrow is concerned about the girls," says Fr. Timothy Tighe, who officiated at the mass, attended by several of Lark's 13 siblings. "She has a lot on her mind."
Lark's adoption ignited a passion in Farrow, 63, who went on to adopt 10 more children over the years (one, Tam Farrow, died of heart problems in 2000; she also has four biological kids). The clan endured a bitter custody battle in 1992, after Farrow's partner Woody Allen began a relationship with Farrow's daughter Soon-Yi Previn, now 38, who was adopted from South Korea four years after Lark.
By most accounts, Lark Previn—who was no longer with the girls' father—led a quiet life in Brooklyn with her children and boyfriend. "I didn't know her mother was a celebrity," says neighbor Alfred Brown. "She seemed like a good woman to me. She didn't leave her apartment without the kids."
Previn's death came as a shock to many neighbors and acquaintances. "I didn't know she was sick," says Father Tighe. "Lark did something right with her girls. There is something really wonderful about them. They seem to be strong little girls."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!