Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 19, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 2
Mia Farrow Mourns Her Daughter
The Actress's Vietnamese-Born Daughter Lark Previn, Who Became a Quiet Mom of Two, Dies at Age 35
Sadly, tragedy struck the family this Christmas Day, when Lark, 35, died of an undisclosed illness. Farrow attended the funeral, along with André Previn, at St. Saviour Church in Brooklyn five days later, sitting near Lark's daughters Sara, 13, and Christina, 12. "Ms. Farrow is concerned about the girls," says Fr. Timothy Tighe, who officiated at the mass, attended by several of Lark's 13 siblings. "She has a lot on her mind."
Lark's adoption ignited a passion in Farrow, 63, who went on to adopt 10 more children over the years (one, Tam Farrow, died of heart problems in 2000; she also has four biological kids). The clan endured a bitter custody battle in 1992, after Farrow's partner Woody Allen began a relationship with Farrow's daughter Soon-Yi Previn, now 38, who was adopted from South Korea four years after Lark.
By most accounts, Lark Previn—who was no longer with the girls' father—led a quiet life in Brooklyn with her children and boyfriend. "I didn't know her mother was a celebrity," says neighbor Alfred Brown. "She seemed like a good woman to me. She didn't leave her apartment without the kids."
Previn's death came as a shock to many neighbors and acquaintances. "I didn't know she was sick," says Father Tighe. "Lark did something right with her girls. There is something really wonderful about them. They seem to be strong little girls."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!