Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 19, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 2
Medium star Patricia Arquette, 40, filed for divorce from her husband, actor Thomas Jane, 39, in L.A. Jan. 5, after two years of marriage. She is seeking sole custody of their daughter Harlow, 5.
• Gossip Girl's Kelly Rutherford, 40, also filed for divorce from her husband of two years, German entrepreneur Daniel Giersch, in L.A. Dec. 30, the same day he filed for separation. The actress, who is three months pregnant with their second child, is citing irreconcilable differences.
Heather Locklear's DUI case was dismissed in Santa Barbara, Calif., Jan. 2 after she pleaded no contest to reckless driving. The actress, 47, who was arrested last September, was sentenced to three years' informal probation, fined $700 and ordered to complete a 12-hour DMV road and safety class.
• The Minnesota Canvassing Board revealed Jan. 5 that comic-turned-politician Al Franken, 57, won 225 more votes than Republican incumbent Norm Coleman, 59, in the hotly contested Senate race. An attorney for the Coleman campaign said they plan to challenge the results of the recount.
Actor Matt Dillon, 44, was pulled over in Newbury, Vt., Dec. 30 after state troopers clocked him driving 106 mph in a 65 mph zone. The actor is due in court Jan. 21.
• Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and actor Sam Shepard, 65, was arrested and charged with drunken driving after being pulled over for speeding in Normal, Ill., Jan. 3.
Addressing speculation that he is seriously ill, Apple Inc. CEO Steve Jobs, 53, issued a statement Jan. 5 explaining that his recent drastic weight loss is due to a treatable hormone imbalance. The condition, said the pancreatic cancer survivor, "has been 'robbing' me of the proteins my body needs to be healthy."
More than 250 mourners gathered at a Hollywood cemetery Jan. 4 to bid adieu to Star Trek actress Majel Barrett Roddenberry, 76, who died of leukemia Dec. 18. She played Nurse Chapel in the 1966-69 series and was married to the show's creator, Gene Roddenberry, from 1969 until his death in 1991.
TWINS FOR REBECCA AND JERRY!
It's a girl—make that two—for Ugly Betty's Rebecca Romijn, 36, and her husband, actor Jerry O'Connell, 34. The couple, married since July 2007, welcomed twins Charlie Tamara Tulip (named after Jerry's brother Charlie O'Connell) and Dolly Rebecca Rose in Los Angeles Dec. 28. "[Jerry and Rebecca] just got back home, and they're starting to work on sleeping and feeding," says the newborns' uncle, actor Charlie, 33. "They're up every three hours! [But] everyone's healthy and that's all you can ask for."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!