Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- This Couple's Wes Anderson-Inspired Save-The-Date Is Whimsy and Wonderful (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo Makes Custom Jewelry Now – So Of Course We Ordered a Necklace (PHOTOS)
- From Casablanca to Charlie Brown: The Movies That First Made Celebrities Cry (VIDEO)
- Orphan Black: Ari Millen on the 'Fight for Survival' as the Clone War Begins
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 16, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 6
Slumdog Millionaire's Surprise Stars
As the Little Movie That Could Chugs Toward Oscar Night, the Breakout Sensation's Young Leads—Dev Patel and Freida Pinto—enjoy the Ride
The newcomers have won over high-powered Hollywood fans such as Clint Eastwood and Kate Winslet. "At the SAG Awards I told Angelina [Jolie] the Indian press writes funny things about me," says Pinto. "She's like, 'Just enjoy, because it's your moment. You bask in the glory and don't let other people invade that space.'"
For Oscar night Patel—who, like Pinto, is single—will "probably bring my mum [Anita, an elder care worker]. She's my good luck charm—I brought her to all my auditions." Pinto has chosen neither a date nor a dress. "I'll definitely keep it young, simple and fresh," she says of her gown, which won't likely sport a train: "I had one at the Golden Globes, and Dev stepped on it and ripped it!"
For now, Pinto—whom Patel calls "stunning, but quite the goof"—is hoping to conquer her lifelong clumsiness: "Imagine if I fell down on the red carpet!" And Patel simply wishes he'll never wake up. "I'm really living the dream," says Patel. "Every bit of it."
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!