Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Tears and Tributes as 10,000 Police Officers Mourn Slain Deputy Darren Goforth at Houston Funeral
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- Rosie O'Donnell Tweets About Finding Comfort in Broadway Songs Amid Troubles with Her Daughter
- VIDEO: How Launching a Burger Bun Business Made This Woman a Millionaire
- Blue Ivy Wishes Mom Beyoncé 'Happy Birthday' with a Sweet Hand-Drawn Card
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 16, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 6
Slumdog Millionaire's Surprise Stars
As the Little Movie That Could Chugs Toward Oscar Night, the Breakout Sensation's Young Leads—Dev Patel and Freida Pinto—enjoy the Ride
The newcomers have won over high-powered Hollywood fans such as Clint Eastwood and Kate Winslet. "At the SAG Awards I told Angelina [Jolie] the Indian press writes funny things about me," says Pinto. "She's like, 'Just enjoy, because it's your moment. You bask in the glory and don't let other people invade that space.'"
For Oscar night Patel—who, like Pinto, is single—will "probably bring my mum [Anita, an elder care worker]. She's my good luck charm—I brought her to all my auditions." Pinto has chosen neither a date nor a dress. "I'll definitely keep it young, simple and fresh," she says of her gown, which won't likely sport a train: "I had one at the Golden Globes, and Dev stepped on it and ripped it!"
For now, Pinto—whom Patel calls "stunning, but quite the goof"—is hoping to conquer her lifelong clumsiness: "Imagine if I fell down on the red carpet!" And Patel simply wishes he'll never wake up. "I'm really living the dream," says Patel. "Every bit of it."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!