Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Italy Earthquake: Girl, 10, Rescued From Rubble as Death Toll Rises to 247
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform at MTV VMAs – Kim Kardashian West to Present!
- FROM EW: Lifetime Is Making a Britney Spears Biopic
- Jenelle Evans Confirms She's Pregnant with Her Third Child – a Baby Girl!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 16, 2009
- Vol. 71
- No. 6
Christopher Atkins Second Act
The Onetime Teen Idol Goes Out on a Limb and Tries to Recapture His Former Fame
Atkins lost it in his early 20s when, newly married, he found himself with few acting offers, nearly bankrupt, and in rehab for alcohol addiction. Now sober 22 years, and divorced in 2007 from model Lynne Barron, he has no regrets. "I wouldn't change a thing. It's who I am today," says the proud father of college students Grant, 23, and Brittney, 21. Atkins hopes his reality stint will mean less time with chlorine and more time onscreen. "Nowadays I joke about how I want to relive the '80s," he says. "But this time, I want to remember them!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!